I sold a car to an idiot today and he's haunting me

beezee28

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: I sold a car to an idiot today and he's haunting me

Keep all correspondance, email,etc... print a copy of the ebay page that you setup to sell with all the wordings and should he come back to you then you have proof that what you sold was stated in the ebay page. <br /><br />In texas, we have a 1 year motor vehicle inspection. It is use to check for working condition of the vehicle like lights, signal, head light, brakes etc...

CalicoKid

Lieutenant Commander

No inspections in WI, except emissions in Milwaukee and Waukesha counties.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

No inspections in Oklahoma.<br /><br />Texas inspections are easy to pass as long as everything is working properly. Lights, brakes, horn, steering, wipers, etc.<br /><br />Ken

TexomaAv8r

Petty Officer 1st Class

Originally posted by KenImpZoom:<br />Texas inspections are easy to pass as long as everything is working properly. Lights, brakes, horn, steering, wipers, etc.<br /><br />Ken [/QB]
This will depend on what county you live in. You must get inspected in the county where it is registered. Collin, Dallas, Denton, Tarrant and the other "dirty Dallas" counties have several extra and expensive emissions inspections.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Ken, don't you gotta get a tailpipe test there in the 5th smoggiest city in America?

87Aggie

Petty Officer 1st Class

No vehicle inspections in Arkansas. You can drive around in an exhaust betching, bucket of bolts if you want, just as long as you "pays yo personal property taxes"

achris

More fish than mountain goat

Hi Aldo,<br /><br />No inspections in W.A. If you sell knowing there is a fault you don't disclose, then you're liable. But as a buyer that would be difficult to prove, wouldn't it. The only requirement is that the vehicle be fitted with an immobilizer, buyer's responsibility.<br /><br />Chris.......<br />(W.A. is not Washington state)

Dunaruna

Admiral

Chris, I'm surprised. I thought our roadworthy system was nationwide. In Victoria it's easier to win the lotto than it is to pass a roadworthy inspection, not that I'm complaining, it has put bread on the table for many years now.<br /><br />Aldo

olbuddyjack

Petty Officer 1st Class

No annual spections in the Buckeye either, just spot checks.

hayhauler

Petty Officer 2nd Class

No annual inspections here in Alabama. If an officer sees an unsafe vehicle he can issue a citation, but they don't. Now they sure love to harass truckers, who do have to have annual inspections, plus then have to park on the side of the road for every town, city, county and state agency that decides they want to stop them from doing their work so they can issue them petty citations for things like light bulbs that don't burn in the day time...<br /><br />Sorry, I got a little carried away didn't I?<br /><br />No, no state inspections on personal vehicles in Alabama.

Dave Abrahamson

Lieutenant

No inspections in Florida, or at least in my county. Used to be, but that went away a few years ago.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

stae inspections here are a joke. means nothing but some cash in the coffers in raliegh. I have personnaly called Mr White in raliegh with a complaint and pictures of a car that passed with defective tires, defective/missing steering rack bushings and a brake light that was bad. was told who cares. here there is no road test either.<br />its just a quick way to take 10 bucks outta your wallet once per year.