I really want to know

Indymike

Petty Officer 1st Class
Most of us beleive in and agree with the Ten Commandments. Why can't they be posted anymore.<br /><br />Most of us disagree with and consider same sex marriage wrong. Why are they taking place.<br /><br />Most of us agree that we need firmer discipline in our schools But it continues to decline.<br /><br />Most of us agree that loud stereos and unmuffled motor vehicles are a public nuisance,but they are becoming more prevalent. <br /><br />Most of us are tired of seeing made in china on an item we wish to purchsae, but more and more goods are being manufacured there and allowed to be imported.<br /><br />Most of us repay our finacial debts, but bankrupcy forces us to repay for others as well.<br /><br />Most of us work for our living and fend for ourselves and family yet we allow many to squat on the welfare roles. <br /><br />Have most of us lost our courage to defend what is right?

phatmanmike

Captain
Re: I really want to know

indymike, who is "most of us"<br /><br />dont lump all into your groups, please.<br /><br />thanks

NOSLEEP

Commander

He must not of been talking about you Phatmanmike.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Well, Mike,<br /><br />I guess I am not part of "us", either, whomever that may be.<br /><br />While I do agree with some of your litany, I disagree with the rest.

phatmanmike

Captain

jb, which mike are you talking to/about?<br /><br />me or he, im confused....sheesh

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Who is to say what is right?<br /><br />Aw, heck.. It's futile..<br /><br />Let's go ahead and blame all of societies ills on the mean ol' nasty anti-christian liberals, and call this discussion done.... <br /><br />Thats how it'll end up..
34.gif
<br /><br />Unless it gets real ugly and JB says
36.gif
.... j/k, JB.. :)

JB

Hahaha. :D <br /><br />Well, Phatmanmike, you and I don't agree on everything, but this time I was addressing Indymike. :) <br /><br />Not convinced he really wants to know. I think he really wants to gripe. <br /><br />Seems to go with the season. Have you noticed the frequency of "peace on earth and goodwill toward all men" being tossed in favor of hate, gripe and whine posts lately?

Devon

Cadet

Originally posted by JB:<br /> Seems to go with the season. Have you noticed the frequency of "peace on earth and goodwill toward all men" being tossed in favor of hate, gripe and whine posts lately?
Could just be the weather. Can't get the boat out might as well gripe about it.<br /><br />Devon

SpinnerBait_Nut

Not by me JB, I wish all well. Lifes to short to worry about all that crap. <br />So what, I don't agree to a lot of that stuff, but that's me. :D

SpinnerBait_Nut

Originally posted by Devon:<br />Could just be the weather. Can't get the boat out might as well gripe about it.<br /><br />Devon
Not me, I went out and sat in mine today and even throwed a couple spinner baits around. :D

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by Indymike:<br /> Most of us beleive in and agree with the Ten Commandments. Why can't they be posted anymore.<br /><br />Most of us disagree with and consider same sex marriage wrong. Why are they taking place.<br /><br />Most of us agree that we need firmer discipline in our schools But it continues to decline.<br /><br />Most of us work for our living and fend for ourselves and family yet we allow many to squat on the welfare roles. <br /><br />Have most of us lost our courage to defend what is right?
I mostly agree with most of the above. :D <br /><br />I dont think we have lost the courage. All of the above are being fought in the courts.<br /><br />Ken

Indymike

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hi guys, not griping. I aint mad at nobody. I'm probably too new around here to bring this up the way I did. This topic is a paraphrse of a discussion the other day at work amongst 4 or 5 folks. After reading some of the other topics in dock chat I thought it might may bring some lively discussion.<br /><br />Don't need to get the boat out right now...awesome snow coming down in the midwest. Time to go play in it.

mrbscott19

Chief Petty Officer

1. Separation of church and state supposedly<br />2. Because discrimination in any form is wrong.<br />3. Not allowed to duct tape children to chairs :D <br />4. Worried more about guy selling crack to kids<br />5. cheaper prices<br />6. If the bank didn't get their money somehow, they couldn't afford to give you a loan.<br />7. Too hard to weed out loafers from the people who really need the help.<br />8. Your opinions of what is right are not shared by everyone.

eeboater

Commander

Originally posted by phatmanmike:<br /> indymike, who is "most of us"<br /><br />dont lump all into your groups, please.<br /><br />thanks
Definition of the word MOST:<br /><br />most Audio pronunciation of "most" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (mst)<br />adj. Superlative of many., much.<br /><br /> 1.<br /> 1. Greatest in number: won the most votes.<br /> 2. Greatest in amount, extent, or degree: has the most compassion.<br /> 2. In the greatest number of instances: Most fish have fins.<br /><br /><br />After reading that, there is no reference to the word ALL. So, what makes you think he was talking about you phat?<br /><br />Sean

spratt

Lieutenant

Indy, perhaps the ACLU is teh culprit behind helping the minority being the force that wags teh dog? Write them a letter and see if they will fill ya in on WHY these things take place...<br /><br />All we can do is to vote on some of tehse issues, others we really cannot control, and law enforecement cannot enforce (such as the loud bboming cars that infiltrate my house at midnight or later and shake the dishes in my hutch)...bankruptcy is a true help to folks who have hit bottom and cannot open the skylight to see up...in Washington there is a time limit for folks who are on welfare (two years max) and though it is not perfected it still has been pared down somewhat (we don't REALLY think that teh beaurecrats will eliminate their OWN jobs, do we?)...I wish I knew how society had swung around to block corporal punishment, for that is the reason schools cannot punish, and yet I am wise enough to know it goes deeper than that.<br /><br />Sometimes it feels good just to get these things off yer chest, huh, Indy...so a good gripe every now and then does one good, but never fear, the nice iboaters here will definitely set yer attitude straight again...(can you hear the voice of experience bleeding thru there?)

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

Mike,<br /><br />Most of us don't agree with your premise that most of us agree with you.<br /><br />No hard feelings.<br /><br />Mark.

spratt

Lieutenant

Mark MOST of us have no inclination to agree with anyone at any given time
42.gif

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by snapperbait:<br /> <br />Let's go ahead and blame all of societies ills on the mean ol' nasty anti-christian liberals, and call this discussion done....<br />
I allready do,and have since the Carter Admin.

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

Hi Indymike, the things that you've mentioned may simply be just the side effects of freedom and democracy.

Indymike

Petty Officer 1st Class

The GOOD news is that we can agree to Disagree.