I need iboats Members' help! (UPDATED)

eeboater

Commander
I am in a statistics class this semester and we have been assigned a project that I decided to use iboats members as the focus of my project. So, with your permission, I need to ask you two questions. I would be GRATEFUL if you could reply with your answers. I would love to get this survey up to about 60 individual responses, but if it even gets close I'll be exstatic. MANY THANKS TO ALL MY IBOATS FRIENDS!! Please help me get an A... :D <br /><br />1. Do you own a boat with an outboard motor?<br />2. On an average day of boating are you usually FISHING or do you Ski/tube/hang out in the sun, something other than fishing?<br /><br />THANKS!!!!<br /><br />Sean<br /><br />EDIT: For inquiring minds, I'm trying to see if the proportion of people who like to fish who own outboard motors is larger than the proportion of people who do not like to fish who own outboard motors. So, statistically - this is a good place to look since almost everyone here will own a boat.

rosco_59

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: I need iboats Members' help! (UPDATED)

85 hp outboard<br />fish in the morning then cruse till dark.<br />Then sometimes fish for a while before home

PW2

Commander

I think, for statistical purposes you are going to get a bit skewed results inquiring of a boating website how many own boats...<br /><br />but that said-- Yes, and fish

QC

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by eeboater:<br />1. Do you own a boat with an outboard motor?<br />
No, I/O<br /><br />
Originally posted by eeboater:<br />2. On an average day of boating are you usually FISHING or do you Ski/tube/hang out in the sun?<br />
The latter . . . fun with kids on tubes and fun with adults at anchor and cruising for us . . .

tommays

Admiral

1. sterndrive<br /><br />2.enjoy the sun/ski/cruse<br /><br />tommays

QC

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by PW2:<br /> I think, for statistical purposes you are going to get a bit skewed results inquiring of a boating website how many own boats...<br /><br />but that said-- Yes, and fish
He asked if it is outboard powered, kinda wierd because the question is "own a boat with an outboard", but the focus group is boat owners in general, right?, so the stat is percentage of boat owners with outboards . . .?

KRS

Banned

1. sterndrive<br /><br />2. enjoy sun/cruiser/pull tubes

ZmOz

Captain

Originally posted by eeboater:<br /> 1. Do you own a boat with an outboard motor?<br />
Yes.<br /><br />
Originally posted by eeboater:<br />2. On an average day of boating are you usually FISHING or do you Ski/tube/hang out in the sun?<br />
I just sit in it and make boat noises. <br /><br />Oh...you mean when it's working? I just drive around real fast and scare the fish. :D

alden135

Lieutenant Commander

yes<br /><br />#2

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

#1. Yes.. It's currently not being used...<br /><br />#2. Fishing..

karrick

Petty Officer 1st Class

outboard and fishing<br /><br />tubing does come in a close 2nd

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

#1 Oh yea, a fast one. :D <br />#2 Oh yea, again.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Currently have outboard but no boat. Have had outboard boats most of my adult life.<br /><br />When I go on the water it is to FISH. Nothing else.

eeboater

Commander

Wow, great response. Keep them coming!

RPJS

Lieutenant Commander

Yes and Fish

sangerwaker

Commander

Yes to the outbaord.<br /><br />No, I don't fish. Primary use is barefooting, but it also gets used for skiing, tubing, and just plain cruising.<br /><br />If I had to break it down I'd guess<br /><br />70% barefooting<br />15% other water sports (tubing, skiing, kneeboarding, etc.)<br />15% cruising

Booner

Petty Officer 1st Class

1. Two boats two outboards<br />2. Fish and drink beer 90% of the time 10% pull tubers. Oh ya and cruse by nudey beach real sloooow

eeboater

Commander

Originally posted by Booner:<br />cruse by nudey beach real sloooow
Not sure I can use that in my presentation... but I'll try :D <br /><br />Sean

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Sterndrive<br /><br />20% Fishing and towing broken boats to the marina. Boat is a tad too big for tubing/sking. 80% primary use is weekend living aboard.