FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I need to purchase a 1999 4.3L v6 vortec long block. S# L350584. Rapido Marine is the cheapest I've found. Are they reputable? What info do I need to give them to make sure I get the correct block?
Hey, I just installed that exact same year and size longblock in my boat! From Rapido -- install went great, and looks great, and is the cheapest anywhere around.
Do yourself a favor and get one with the oil pan and timing cover installed if possible. Besides the work to swap them, you might find out like I did that your parts are bad, and you'll end up buying replacements.