I Messed up!

oddjob

Commander
Re: I Messed up!

That does make since. If I were the tennant, I would feel terrible or worried as well that...I bet when he saw you throw it down on the table casually while busy maybe he decided to take advantage of you maybe getting busier.....cant prove it of course...but its fishy..

Grant S

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Tell your boss the problem, It sounds like a work related error and he is in a position to carry the loss. You accepted an unopened envelope, not rent money. The fact is: you have no evidence the tenant took it, or it was even in the envelope. It's time your boss formalised the rent collection system.<br /><br />In my rental property I have set up an automatic payment from the tenant's bank account and check that it has gone in.

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

www.reid.com<br /><br />That is a website from the Reid associates. They conduct interviews and do training on interviewing people.<br />My family hates it, I have taken several of their classes and use their program often and they can't lie to me anymore. Go to the link for investigative tips or tip of the month or something like that. They post the class information there. Good stuff.<br />Sorry to hear about the money, sounds like your on the right track with who took it.

LubeDude

Admiral

Originally posted by Grant S:<br /> You accepted an unopened envelope, not rent money. The fact is: you have no evidence the tenant took it, or it was even in the envelope.
This is an interesting way of looking at it, The tennant has no reciept, and as far as anyone else is concerned, How do we even know that there was money in the envelope. Boss is a lawyer so should know what he can legally do. I would think that he should just tell them that he didnt get the rent, Pay up or call the cops! Funny that my Boss didnt say anything about filing a theft report. I mean somebody stoll $500.00.