I like to make stuff - How about post something you made..

oddjob

Commander
Re: I like to make stuff - How about post something you made..

Pony, dont it the wrong way....but your Johnson looks alot like my Johnson :D

magster65

Commander

I wanted a different stroller for my kiddo' so I built this for him.<br />
Stroller%20done%201.JPG

Barbee Q

Chief Petty Officer

Magster that is too Kool, you better get a patent on that... <br />All Thumbs that is so neat that you can carve that good.. Looking at the knomes, I thought they were kids.. I had to really take a better look..<br /><br />Here is my "MeMe Mouse"..<br />I was able to steel it back from mom.. I just wonder how long it will take her to realize its missing..<br /><br />
DSC00231.jpg
<br /><br />As you can see it looks old, but I had used a varnish and I set it out on the rocks to dry. The wind came up and knocked it over into the groundbark, so I was upset using acid tone to try to get it off. I gave up and just let it sit and forgot about it.. About 2 days go by and I saw that what had happened make the mouse look neat..

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

18776947.motorstand1.jpg
<br />Motor stand i made out of a weight bench i never used.<br /><br />Below is a pic of a gaff i made out of a golf club and a length<br />of stainless steel mixing shaft...I calls it me "mine-iron"...<br />Arrr!<br /><br />
18717975.IMAGE005.jpg
<br /><br /><br />A submersable bait attractor lamp made from a car headlamp <br />bulb and a spice jar. Brown thingy is a silcone-coated lead <br />weight to keep it from floating.<br />
18718006.moblighrt.jpg

Dave Abrahamson

Lieutenant

Originally posted by snapperbait:<br /> Nice projects, Folks.. :) I especially like Dave's Grandson's airplane... :D <br /><br />I love wood as a medium.. "Tone-woods" especially.. <br /><br />I have the plans for a hollowbody archtop guitar that i'd really like to have a go at building... Don't quite have the time and $$$$ tho... Maybe someday...
Thanks Snapper. It was a labor of love. Lotsa people want me to build them one but it takes a while at my pace. Nice 6/12. I want to build a small-bodied fingerstyle acoustic myself....someday I hope. I've got 5 hanging on the wall and in stands already...gotta make room ;) <br /><br />Dave

QC

Supreme Mariner

Snapper,<br /><br />Waaay cool dude. Do you play? I have always wanted a 12 string/Bass combo bad. Yours is the Jimmy Page type deal, I want the Mike Rutherford thaang.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

674c1638.jpg
<br /><br />Explosion in a parking deck for a movie not yet released... the production company is holding off due to the bad hurricane season. <br /><br />I make explosions!

BassCat73

Petty Officer 1st Class

Magster! That rocks. You could sell those things for big bucks. I'm thinking, a stand outside a NASCAR event, not to mention your own web site! Good thread BD. We've got a lot of talented people here!

BassCat73

Petty Officer 1st Class

Here's a couple of things I've done. The first is some wall art. It's a bunch of photos I took when I was in Hungary. I built a frame and created this collage.
Collage.jpg
<br /><br />This next one is a headboard I made. I didn't feel like buying one for a few hundred dollars, so I made this for about $35.<br />
Headboard.jpg

vipzach

Lieutenant

After some practice, the wife and I made him! :D :D <br /><br /><br />
100_0235.jpg

BLU LUNCH

Lieutenant

PDR_0078.jpg
Completely scratch build New Haven Railroad bridge circa 1955 and it's operates the real bridge is at Niantic River Niantic,Ct We go under this bridge everytime we fish in Long Island Sound. I forgot it's 1/4 scale.

Pony

Rear Admiral

LMAO OJ!!

LadyFish

Admiral

Love the kitty under the covers Basscat LOL. :D

Barbee Q

Chief Petty Officer

I noticed the kitty Too.. The eyes are just sticking out..

magster65

Commander

Pre-baby... built this in my carport.<br />
59%20wf.jpg

QC

Supreme Mariner

I built this from a bare hull . . . new, but it didn't go anyhwere when I got it.<br /><br />
Boat%201%20for%20add%20640.JPG

BassCat73

Petty Officer 1st Class

Sweet Qc! Where did you get those windshields? Did you make them or have them made? They look identical to mine, except for color. I'd love to figure out a way to replace mine.

Ron G

Commander

Mags truck and QC boat thats a really cool pair,i bet you could load them up with anywere in the world.

QC

Supreme Mariner

BassCat,<br /><br />The windshields and the bow rail were on it. A dealer was holding the hull as collateral for a loan he made to a small manufacturer around the corner. He threatened to sell it to get them to pay and I came around and bought it. I had a connection at the time at Mercruiser, got a sweet deal on a 5.7 TBI Alpha and installed them in my garage. Interior, wiring etc. too. That was '95. I sold it two years ago as it was just too wet and too rough riding for the growing family and the lakes we like. It was absolutely perfect on the river though. I was really choked up watching her leaving behind somebody else's truck . . . :( <br /><br />I found some guys that make that type of windshield though. What boat is yours? They wouldn't go by dimensions, only the boat model. Doubt if any would be a magic fit. Company is Acrylic Designs in Anaheim CA. 714-630-1370. No website . . .

BassCat73

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks Qc. I'll have to give them a jingle!