I have been gone and returned changed

POINTER94

Vice Admiral
I have finally got my computer situation back in order and I am now able to log in. I had lost my laptop (work provided) when the lease was up and my home computer just can't seem to get to the site. <br /><br />I broke down and took a promotion that I was leary about taking. I was able to frame it in such a way that allows me and Ann to stay in our new house but requires a ton of travel. (5 days a week) I have a better feel for the new administration that purchased our company about 8 months ago. The new house has taken a lot of my time and we now have it looking pretty good if I do say so myself. I took the boat out of winter storage and promptly broke my foot which has me in a cast for the next couple of weeks.<br /><br />Ann completed her masters program a couple of weeks ago, but her schedule of her teaching job, and weight watcher counselor in conjunction with the masters program kind of made me the cook, maid and gardener. All went well unless you are the dog who didn't get the attention she deserves. <br /><br />I will be spending my weeks working in Michigan and Indiana and coming home on Fridays for the requisite boat time. <br /><br />I became an uncle three weeks ago for the first time, (great job Jerry and Holli) and have the family in high spirits.<br /><br />Brother Greg just got a huge promotion to a department manager and is as busy as a one armed paper hanger. Came just in time to pay for the new lower unit that got destoyed by an unskilled welder putting on a new skeg to his alpha one without using dry ice to prevent damage to the seals. Live and learn.<br /><br />Glad to be back and look forward to visiting the site regulary while in the hotel at night. I didn't go away mad just couldn't find the time or have the ability until now to drop in. Pump and irrigation questions will answered in a timely fashion. I hope.<br /><br />Wishing you all a great boating season.<br /><br />Pointer...

SoulWinner

Commander
Re: I have been gone and returned changed

Hi ya Pointer!!!!! Glad to see you back!

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Hey,rascal! It's so good to see you back on the forum!!!!<br />It sounds like you've had your hands full.<br />But I'm glad to see the full hands payig-off for you. Carol and I have been pretty busy also, but the tourist season has slacked-off to summer conditions allready (a lull in hectic schedules)...Commute times are allmost tolerable, and both jobs are easing-off to the point of seeing most tasks carried to actual completion :rolleyes: <br />As for the pets, we allmost lost our little rae pin, Bambi, to a german sheppard attack a few months back. She is allmost back to her normal, fearless guard-dog self.<br />I may be switching careers soon, back to the utility inspection field, this time, in fire sprinkers.<br />It would be a definate move-up....I just wish I could move-off to full retirement :) <br />OH Well, it's great to see you back,my friend.<br />PS: the pumps and well are performing top-shelf. Again, thank you for all your great advice on that nightmare-solved. I don't know what we would've done without your long-distance exprertise!

KaGee

Admiral

WB Pointer! Missed that avitar! Looking forward to your posts.

sangerwaker

Commander

Glad to haver ya back! Sounds like you've had your share of tials and tribulations lately. Wishing you a great boating season as well!<br /><br />BTW-We tried you vidalia recipe and it was AWESOME! Never would have thought I would sit down and eat a whole onion before. We've made them several times now and have added our own little twists. Add some fresh pressed garlic to the boulion and butter, and use chardonay instead of sherry. Tastes a lot like french onion soup. Thanks for the idea!

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Great to see ya back Pointer! Sorta wundered?

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Welcome back.<br />How'd ya do the foot?

FSHKPR

Ensign

hey pointer glad your back. was wondering where you were at.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Howd I break the foot. The ultimate disgrace, jumping off the boat while on the trailer. Might want to lose some weight me thinks! ;) :D

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

No Change allowed....Welcome back.

NYMINUTE

Captain

Welcome home, we are still providing intense and provocitive thought. We are a distrubed but loveable group.

LadyFish

Admiral

Wow, good to see you amongst the living Pointer. I was running outta guys to pick on, glad to see you back. ;) :p

eeboater

Commander

WB Pointer....<br /><br /><br />Sorry to hear about your foot. But, you'll be back up on plane in no time.<br /><br />Sean

aspeck

Staff member

As the theme from Welcome Back Kotter plays in the background ... Welcome back, you dreamed of your ticket out, Welcome back, to that same old place that you talked about ...

achris

More fish than mountain goat

Welcome home Pointer......

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Thanks all, I really missed all the banter, discussion and humor shared on this site.