I hate Chiggers!!

jtexas

Fleet Admiral
Re: I hate Chiggers!!

When the itching gets to its worst, dab a little bit of rubbing alcohol on it. It'll sting like crazy but the pain will be a real relief from the itching.

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant

My grandfather used to rub our legs down with diesel or kerosene to keep them away. I now use lots of DEET. <br /><br />these will make your mind go crazy....you can't stop itching!

RubberFrog

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by Mark42:<br /> " Use of Pesticides to control chiggers is not recommended" LOL! If I had chigger problems at my house pesticides would be the first plan of attack. What a bunch of tree huggers!
Amen to that brother! I'd drop a nuke in the front room if I had to!

one more cast

Captain

chig2.jpg

briannh1234

Petty Officer 1st Class

I'v never had chiggers but have had all sorts of bug bites. Vinegar works to control the itch too and doesn't sting as much as alcohol.

oddjob

Commander

I bet witchazel will help with the itching also.

Mercury140-I6

Petty Officer 1st Class

Don't know if this will help or not, but, the 3rd time I got Chicken Pox, they gave me a pill called Aderex (Spelling??). It took the itch completely away.<br /><br />Hope this helps some.<br /><br />Craig

Scoop

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I like the ammonia aplicator. It does sting on bites if you have itched them open, but it works great on Mosquitos and won't bleach your clothes. We stock up every year with 5 or 6 of these and have them everywhere. Never had a chigger bite so can't say it would work. The stuff avaiable here is called After-bite. Works best if you put it on as soon as you get the bite. Watch out for imitations. Read the active ingredient to make sure it is just ammonia.