I hate banks (Rant)

jtexas

Fleet Admiral
Re: I hate banks (Rant)

Nationsbank lost a loan of mine once, refused payment for months until I got tired of trying. <br /><br />Four years later they sued me to collect the $15k. Acting as my own attorney, I discovered that they had lost the orignal note. Long story short, the case was dismissed. I'm not one to duck out on a debt but at the time that $15k would have put me into bankruptcy.<br /><br />Mark one up for the little guy!

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

An update on mine, they managed to send me a replacment card and it had the correct WD limit. So they managed to get it right.<br /><br />Ken

jimr

Senior Chief Petty Officer

my wife works for a bank and she said you would not beleive how many people loose their atm/debit cards over a weekend.

kd6nem

Chief Petty Officer

JTex, funny how when the suddenly realize THEY screwed up that they get mad at you! (Been there, had that happen to me also, but was Marine Midland Bank, and I did have to pay them back, just not back interest). I'm sorry, but they had that coming to have to eat that. Was their fault alone. Well done, sir!<br /><br />I'll have to add Nations to my list of inept financial institutions to avoid doing business with.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

We'll now the wife's bank has decided to mess with us.<br /><br />I have not been paying attention, but the last 4 months I have been getting a 4 dollar a month service charge on a "Totally free checking" account.<br /><br />I call them up, they said it was changed to an "interest checking" account because of non-activitiy. I look at my statements and there was plenty of activity.<br /><br />This is the SECOND time they have done this.<br /><br /> :mad: <br /><br />Ken

Bob in Calif.

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Kenny.........<br /><br />Are the bank's initals "W-M?" If so, I had the same problem with them here. I told them I didn't want an interest bearing checking account, so they reversed the monthly fee and made my ck-acct. really free. "Just ask and you shall receive." I have had excellent service with them, overall.<br /><br />...Bob in Taxifornia...

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

The thing I really hate about banks, ALL banks is that they think you need to have money in an account to write checks. is this a dumb policy or what? They won't let me have an ATM card either, so I don't really know much about those. I asked, they laughed. <br />Has anyone here ever had money in a bank in the 80's that went broke? That is a wild ride! feds come storming in and shut everything down. Money is all tied up, all accounts frozen, but the loans are still due. We learned then to use 2 banks, back when we had money.

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

I have a spade and a coffe can I can leand ya...Oh yea you want unlimited withdrawl's, perhaps I can find an 5 gallon cream can around somewhere. No overdraft fees either just a little digging for nothing.

spratt

Lieutenant

I also bank with Washington Mutual, and have for a number of years. I am pleased with their checking account, but recently I started a savings also...now if I want a free savings account, I have to provide "activity" at least once a month, meaning either a deposit or withdrawal...so I set up an allotment from my paycheck to go in each week, and that saves me a service fee...<br /><br />I will say this, they have treated us very good, and we have Over the Limit of an exhorbitant size...that gets modified for each period of time there are no bounced checks, which I have not had since goodness, a number of years...can't remember!! WM is a good bank, but I do have a limit of per use withdrawal on my debit card...I think it is like $200 or $300, but I can get way more than that daily...

Twidget

Commander

Some credit unions arent that hot. In the early 80's, my wife and I belonged to a credit union and I attempted to deposit our income tax return. We had both signed it, but the credit union said we both needed to show id to deposit it to savings. So, I had to get her at lunch and drag her down there.<br /><br />A few weeks later, her purse was stolen. It was a heck of a lot easier for the their to empty out account than it was for me to deposit the freaking check. No ID check, no camera.<br /><br />While talking to the manager of the credit union, he kept telling me that my wife had probably used the purse theft to sneak the money out of the account. After about the third time he did that, I lowered the level of the discussion. (R. Lee Ermy would have been proud) <br /><br />Long story short, I had to threaten to call the police to get them to let me fill out the theft form. Then he had the cajones to tell me that they would investigate and prosecute whomever they discovered the theif to be. :mad: If it wasn't for my wife being there to calm me down, I probably would have decked the sucker.