I got him....

Realgun

Commander
Re: I got him....

What I want to know is where is my coon skin hat?

Homerr

Commander

LOL!!<br /><br />Efhenry... Toss a can of tuna in the trap. You'll get 'em... But remember... put it off the ground or you might catch more than what you bargained for!<br /><br /><br />RealGun...<br /><br />I wouldn't want to make a hat out of this guy... He stank something terrible. Heck, even the flies were buzzing his cage... A lot of them !<br /><br />BoomYall...<br /><br />How dare you leave Mountain Dew out for them... Now PETA will have a fit for sure. All that caffeine and sugars... Now we'll have to pay for diabetic supplies for coons!<br /><br /><br />H.

ED21

Master Chief Petty Officer

They may be cute, but around Maryland the DNR claims they are often rabbid.

ae708

Chief Petty Officer

I'm not gonna spend 40 - 50 bucks for a trap for coons. I'll use a .22 long rifle for about a penny. Coons are pests and are prone to carry rabies.

fireman57

Captain

I always use a couple of marshmallows as bait. They can't resist them. Used tuna a couple of times and all I caught was the neighbor's stupid cat- twice. You have to take them at least a mile away or they will return. If you dump them out near any other house they will have the same problem that you had.

Homerr

Commander

Marshmallows... Now why didn't I think of that?<br />Good idea.<br /><br />Yea, you catch the neighborhood cats a few times. Usually they cat will learn and not try it again... Usually... :) <br /><br /><br />H.

aspeck

Staff member

Had a pet coon once. He was great. Loved to ride in the car with me and the ladies at the drive-in bank would always give him the little dog biscuit treats. Only problem was when driving he would sit on my shoulders, stretch over my head, and put his paws over my eyes! Kind of made it hard to see!<br /><br />He was a lot of fun till he got to be about 1 1/2 years old, then he got mean with everyone but my brother and I.<br /><br />Got out of his cage one night (he was always opening it) and went to the neighbors and tried to open their screen door. Neighbor shot him.<br /><br />Now he is a "rug" in my brother's house.