I got a tailgater a ticket!!!!

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral
Ya know how everyone hates tailgaters, well I got one a ticket this morn.<br /><br />Police were sitting on side of the road, so everyone slowed to the 60 mph speed limit.<br /><br />After passing, I began to speed up to the normal Houston 75 mph, but it just wasnt fast enough for the woman behind me. About 3 ft off my bumper. I changed lanes and let her go and away she went. As soon as she passed me, we went over the next hill and another cop was sitting there, and busted her for speeding.<br /><br />Made my day.<br /><br />Ken

vipzach

Lieutenant
Re: I got a tailgater a ticket!!!!

I gotta just laugh, that is great! :D

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Time wounds all heels, even female heels. :D

wildbill59

Petty Officer 1st Class

I'm going to hook up a system like they had on the Batmobile. Put a tank in my trunk to hold all my waste oil, run a line out the back and put a switch up front that allows me to spray the oil at will. A touch of the brakes to get their attention and all problems solved.

Terry H

Lieutenant Commander

I've seen that trick used in many areas of the country and many times therefore I don't speed up for a couple of miles past the first cop. Chief ;)

ZmOz

Captain

I love tailgaters! I always get up next to someone so they can't pass me and then start tapping the brakes. :D Then I let them pass and I flip them off. I'm thinking about hooking up a button that will just turn on my brake lights without touching the brakes. :p

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

Started reading and at first it didn't make sense. Tailgaters are those folks that picnic outside the stadium, right? Shows where my head is.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

I don't mind tailgaters as long as i am in my truck. Letem eat, if they want to. But what used to bother me was when they tailgated me on the bike. That's like pointing a weapon at me....So being licensced to carry, i would "return the favor", so to speak. They always got off the gas--and off my asp quickly :D

Parrott_head

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by ZmOz:<br /> I love tailgaters! I always get up next to someone so they can't pass me and then start tapping the brakes. :D Then I let them pass and I flip them off. I'm thinking about hooking up a button that will just turn on my brake lights without touching the brakes. :p
On a lot of vehicle you can just turn on your headlights. This causes your tailights to come on and panics the tailgater. You can do it without slowing down.

KRS

Banned

Funny, my grandma got a ticket today.... :)

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

how I deal with tailgaters:<br /><br />there's a minimum safe distance between cars that varies with speed; if the distance from your car to mine is too close, that just means we have to slow down. I don't touch the brake, just gradually get slower. and slower. and slower.... Except if I'm pulling the boat then I just keep saying to myself, "Mr. Radiator, meet Mr. Skeg; Mr. Skeg, this is Mr. Radiator."

islandboat

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I don't really mind tailgaters that much. Drove stock cars for a few years and when someone is behind you, that means your winning, right? When I'm behind someone, I hope they understand that I'm just drafting to save fuel.<br />Seriously, on our local tourist filled highway, people drive a wide range of speeds. We have a law that defines the left lane on a 4 lane highway as the passing lane. Signs are posted at regular intervals stating "slower traffic keep right". If you're in the left lane and someone is tailgating you, (and no one is holding you up)you are the slower vehicle and you are expected to move into the right lane.

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

I used to get all riled up over tailgaters. Now I have to much else to worry about. I always move over and let them go. Don't even look at them anymore. <br /><br />It just doesn't make sense to get upset at someone just because they want to drive faster than you and are letting you know it.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

There is tailgating, and then there is riding 1 ft away from my bumper. Big difference.<br /><br />If you drive in Houston, there is always debris in the road. Tailgating leaves no time to avoid that stuff or to stop when that person slams on thier brakes for no reason.<br /><br />Ken

rattana

Chief Petty Officer

I move over and let them flush out the cops ;)

Homerr

Commander

You said it Rattana... I say the same thing.. Let them blaze ahead and find the fuzz !<br /><br /><br />H.

wildbill59

Petty Officer 1st Class

I don't mind it when they follow my semi, just when they cut in front of me and slam on their brakes.

brother chris

Commander

Just like 12footer said. I hate it when they tailgate me on my motorcycle. <br />Although, I do not have a license to carry a weapon. <br />But I do have a pocket of unpopped popcorn in my pocket, or a bunch of pennies. Most of them slow down or pass me after that. :D

dakk1

Chief Petty Officer

Yeah, when I was a little younger that really ticked me off. Now, I drive old vans and trucks with big bumpers. If they want it they can have it.<br /><br />Dave..