I got a tailgater a ticket!!!!

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant
Re: I got a tailgater a ticket!!!!

I normally just slow down. No brake lights, just slow down. If that doesn't work, emergency brake. No brake lights that way. Just remember to pull the release before you engage them.<br /><br />My pet peeve is when someone ABSOLUTELY HAS to pull out in front of you, then refuses to get up to speed. I will try to give them time, but still frustrating.<br /><br />AK Chappy

Wimperdink

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I hate tailgators and slow people alike... if there is someone going slow in front of me I give them plenty of room if there is someone in front of them... but in that situation and I have someone 2 feet from my bumper I will tap the brake to warn them... once , twice, then I just lock them down. I'm insured. Put a chevy cavalier sideways on the highway at about 80 about a month ago. <br /><br />Motorcycles that tailgate are bad too... light in your rearview mirror is bright. I wash my windshield when they do it and they back off pretty quick from the overspray. :) I rode for years and I guess I just valued my bike and myself too much to tailgate with a motorcycle.

wildbill59

Petty Officer 1st Class

I bet it wouldn't be that hard to convert my rear window washer to shoot a stream of w/w fluid at em like a squirt gun. That would be cool!

joblo33

Chief Petty Officer

I had someone tailgating me in the right-hand lane of a 4 lane highway a couple days ago. I was pulling my boat going 110 and they were at the point where I thought my skeg was going to scratch their windshield. I wouldn't have minded if my skeg went through their windshield but at 110 something like that could become dangerous fast. Apparently they didn't understand the rules of the road cause when I changed to the left lane they zoomed past on the right and I returned to the slow lane.<br />Eric

Dreamer1Q

Seaman Apprentice

If your in the left lane riding along likes its a Sunday, I should be able to shoot you in the back of the head and push you off the road. But if your in the right lane, and I am riding your butt, then I deserve anything that happens.

dolluper

Captain

Anybody who tailgates me when I'm on the bike ,finds out it's an old bike and falling apart the ball bearings are coming off from everywhere,boy do they slow down fast when it starts falling apart :D :D

treedancer

Commander

I love tailgaters they make a very good frontdoor if your in a hurry . ;)