I don’t think this is a Starcraft

FunInDuhSun

Chief Petty Officer
I’m no expert, but I‘ve never seen a Starcraft tunnel hull.. What do you think it is?
Just listed on FB Marketplace in Baldwin, NY.
Ad says it’s FREE! No title.

IMG_1204.png

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
It has a HIN plate on the starboard stern. It'd be interesting to know what it says.

Looks like a screamin' machine for sure!

jbcurt00

Staff member
Starcraft did make an odd looking glass boat in the 70s iirc, can't recall model name

@Watermann might remember even if glassers are only donors @ his dry dock. ..:sneaky:

briangcc

Commander
No title in NY? Run...don't walk...run from this. Major hassle getting it registered.

Cool...sure. But not worth the hassle unless you are really into running into concrete walls head first....repeatedly.

matt167

Captain
No title in NY? Run...don't walk...run from this. Major hassle getting it registered.

Cool...sure. But not worth the hassle unless you are really into running into concrete walls head first....repeatedly.
Depends on the year. If the boat uses a transferable registration then it’s easy with a photo of the HIN or serial number and an MV 51 and 51B. Also cars before 1973 as they are all transferable registration.. anything with an actual title would be impossible almost.

I had to look up the last year of transferable registration for boats in NY and it’s ‘86 and older

Last edited:

briangcc

Commander
My wife is a DMV clerk for NY. She has told me in no uncertain terms that unless its documented, it is a royal hassle to register in NY. LOTS of hoops to jump through.

You're assuming documented with transferable registration...which IS the title. The ad states no paperwork. Big difference.

matt167

Captain
My wife is a DMV clerk for NY. She has told me in no uncertain terms that unless its documented, it is a royal hassle to register in NY. LOTS of hoops to jump through.

You're assuming documented with transferable registration...which IS the title. The ad states no paperwork. Big difference.
Ask your wife to explain an MV 51 and MV 51B and how they work.. those forms are the statements for previous owners to state they own it but don’t have the registration. I’ve done it and found it no big deal. At least the DMVs near me process them without issue. But I’m curious as it’s been a couple years.