I can't believe what that dude just said on live TV

one more cast

Captain
Anyone watching that telethon where that dude just said " President Bush don't care about black people" <br /> This is a telethon to raise money for the red cross. What an idiot.

KaGee

Admiral
Re: I can't believe what that dude just said on live TV

Didn't see it.<br /><br />The Black fanatics have been beating the "race" horse all day.<br /><br />They are pathetic.

fixin

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by One More Cast:<br /> Anyone watching that telethon where that dude just said " President Bush don't care about black people"<br /> This is a telethon to raise money for the red cross. What an idiot.
Should have said "Bush don't care about people."<br />Ooooops!did I just say that. :p

Booner

Petty Officer 1st Class

Trying to play on the white gilt trip thing. Some will say any thing. It’s a shame :mad:

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Yea, that's why there was no help down there real fast.<br />CDR was doing a news conference a while ago and that question was raised and she got pi$$ed real quick.<br />She is from down there and she did not like that question one bit and made it real clear that they cared about all Americans, period.<br />Nex question.

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

This situation will be turned in to a race issue by the poor blacks. Even though it was black gangs that stole mail trucks (this they did cover on CNN) to use for looting and were shooting at official rescue personel.<br /><br />Hopefully the gangs, looting, raping and shooting up a disaster area is a unique phenomenon to New Orleans.<br /><br />They have made a bad situation many times worse.<br /><br />Maybe we can hold the black activists responsable for the actions of their supporters.<br /><br />I have no interest in rebuilding New Orleans. Let it sink and be reclaimed by the bay.

fixin

The Media just sucks,anything to get you to watch

SlowlySinking

Master Chief Petty Officer

We Can't Blame White People, by BILL COSBY<br /><br />They're standing on the corner and they can't speak English.<br />I can't even talk the way these people talk:<br /> Why you ain't,<br /> Where you is,<br /> What he drive,<br /> Where he stay,<br /> Where he work,<br /> Who you be..<br />And I blamed the kid until I heard the mother talk. And then I heard the father talk.<br />Everybody knows it's important to speak English except these knuckleheads.<br />You can't be a doctor with that kind of crap coming out of your mouth. In fact you will never get any kind of job making a decent living.<br />People marched and were hit in the face with rocks to get an education, and now we've got these knuckleheads walking around. The lower economic people are not holding up their end in this deal.<br />These people are not parenting. They are buying things for kids. $500 sneakers for what? And they won't spend $200 for Hooked on Phonics.<br />I am talking about these people who cry when their son is standing there in an orange suit<br />Where were you when he was 2? Where were you when he was 12? Where were you when he was 18 and how come you didn't know that he had a pistol? And where is the father? <br />Or who is his father?<br />People putting their clothes on backward: Isn't that a sign of something gone wrong?<br />People with their hats on backward, pants down around the crack, isn't that a sign of something? <br />Or are you waiting for Jesus to pull his pants up?<br />Isn't it a sign of something when she has her dress all the way up and got all type of needles [piercing] going through her body?<br />What part of Africa did this come from? We are not Africans. Those people are not Africans; they don't know a thing about Africa.<br />With names like Shaniqua, Taliqua and Mohammed and all of that crap, and all of them are in Jail.<br />Brown or Black versus the Board Of Education is no longer the white person's problem.<br />We have got to take the neighborhood back.<br />People used to be ashamed. Today a woman has eight children with eight different 'husbands' --or men or whatever you call them now.<br />We have millionaire football players who cannot read.<br />We have million-dollar basketball players who can't write two paragraphs.<br />Someone working at Wal-Mart with seven kids, you are hurting us.<br />We have to start holding each other to a higher standard.<br />We cannot blame the white people any longer.

imported_Curmudgeon

Chief Petty Officer

Hopefully the gangs, looting, raping and shooting up a disaster area is a unique phenomenon to New Orleans.<br /><br />I think not. History is testiment to the surfacing of this behavior most every time the opportunity presents itself. What amazes me is the way the black community destroys its own neighborhood as well as any other near by. Even a dog will do its damnest to avoid soiling it's OWN 'hood. :confused:

dakk1

Chief Petty Officer

I'm so sick of that race crap. I have heard that BS all of my life. No matter what the problem somehow it ends up being a race issue. Give me a break. A major metropolitan city pretty much destroyed, not to mention MS and AL coast. I think the response has been pretty good. And it's gonna' get better. It' has nothing to do with race.<br /><br />Dave..

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Color does'nt matter.. Trash will always be trash.. <br /><br />IMHO, it's way past time to take out the trash....

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

The race card has been played. And from what I have viewed on TV lots of finger pointing as to "why did not some one come and help me?" <br /><br />I view the evacuation a somewhat of a lifestyle and mobility issue. Those who had ready transportation moved on asap. Their lifestyle allowed that departure. Those whose lifestyle used other means of transportation moved on as best as could be due to their lifestyle choice.<br /><br />Some had cars for example..move out now. Some used public transportation as a lifestyle choice. Still waiting on the bus so to speak. <br /><br />No real point to my post, other than personal accountability and the reality that forethought is necessary for survival. Coulda, woulda, shoulda tells me that were I there, watching the weather forecast, might be a good move to begin moving north-northwest asap. Don't need to wait for Uncle Sam to tell me so.

dogsdad

Lieutenant

S-H-O-O-T <br /><br /> T-H-E <br /><br /> L-O-O-T-E-R-S!

BrettNC

Petty Officer 1st Class

This trajedy has nothing to do with race. Those who make it about race are racist. Pure and simple.<br /><br />The race card has been so played out. Every year there are fewer and fewer people taking it seriously.

cpj

Ensign

Snapperbait,<br />YOU have hit the nail on the head with that comment!

JasonB

Lieutenant

This situation is getting worse on so many levels. It amazes me how political leadership can slinter in a crisis like this. Can't they put the crap aside long enough to be at least somewhat unified to help bring a sense of cohesion and hope? The goal here is to help people. I know, It's a simplistic approach. If our leaders can stick together, much more can get done faster.<br /><br /><br />BTW, the guy OMC was referring to is the rapper Kanye West. He also said something about the National Guard being sent to "shoot people" I believe. I would like to hear his ideas on how to control the situation.<br /><br />People searching for food and items to survive aren't looting. They are trying to keep themselves alive.<br /><br />Someone taking a big screen, breaking into a jewelry store, carjacking, shooting at the people trying to help... sorry, that's a looter. That trash is just LOW. Those people in that category are scum, I don't care what their physical characteristics are.

Buttanic

Originally posted by Mark42:<br /><br /><br />I have no interest in rebuilding New Orleans. Let it sink and be reclaimed by the bay. [/QB]
This is a disaster of epic proporations for the US. It will have an effect on this area for months and years to come and will effect the whole country in the coming months because of the oil and refining industry. The death toll could possibly be in the tens of thousands. We still do not know the where several of my wife's relatives are who lived in some of the worst affected areas. Today I was told by a local rescue worker that video of certian areas was not being broadcasted because of the numbers of bodies floating in the water. Everyone knew this could happen but did not totally accept the fact that it eventually would. Louisiana has been try to convince the federal government and the rest of the states for years of the of the danger posed by the loss of wet lands to get restoration funding. Maybe finally the country will get it. The effect of the many states that do not allow offshore oil exploration along their coast and the effects of politics and enviromental regulation on construction of new refineries is now being felt by the whole country.The rest of the country looked apon Louisiana as a back woods third world country and may now realize how much they relied on products that came through the port of NO and the fuel we produce.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

It is far intellectually easier to blame GW Bush and the oil companies. Looting for food and water isn't looting, its survival. Stealing TV's and guns, and jewelry during a national emergency is a crime against the citizenry, state, and mankind.<br /><br />Racial pandering and political finger pointing is what those with agendas and ambition use to justify their shallow nature. I truely believe that JF Kerry, Ted Kennedy or GW Bush only want to assist those poor souls down south. There isn't time or opportunity to create political advantage from a position of leadership. There isn't time to save property right now, just people. Any insinuation that the type, timing or delivery method of aid is a political football IS unpatriotic.<br /><br />The press in their self importance, don't believe or understand the American spirit or drive. Send pic's of the situation and stop believing that they are the only arbitors sophisticated enough for censorship in America. Where are the 911 videos? What a sad group the intellectual elite have become.

waterone1@aol.com

Lieutenant Junior Grade

For the race card to get played time and time again, means that someone has to accept that card time and time agin. I for one am done accepting it. I feel no guilt for what I have or what I have accomplished, I did that on my own. Anyone that wants to call me a racist can, I don't care, anyone that try's to guilt me into doing something won't be able to. Now if only our politicians would grow some balls and tell people screaming racism to shut up, we're tired of hearing it. Scream racism all you want, some of us are tired of hearing it and simply don't care anymore.

BillP

Captain

That dude on TV is typical thug mentality. His type is more racist than anyone. I sure didn't see his type on the front lines helping. All I saw was his type waiting for someone to help them.<br /><br />As my deceased father once said to me..."I'm not a racist and I'm getting real tired of being blamed as one". <br /><br />Same goes for me. My desire to help "others" is getting less and less as the yrs go by. Especially when I hear rapper guys playing the race card on national TV. I used to go out of my way to give old cloths and stuff SPECIFICALLY to those of a different color. I guess that actually did make me a racist because I was using color to make the decision on who to help...that's against the law isn't it? Since realizing that, I decided to give to my own type instead. The "others" can continue to sit on their front porches and wait for their gov't checks...while I go to work and earn it for them. Am I sick and tired of it? You better believe it.