I am outa here! Now I'm back! Mississppi River PICS!

sangerwaker

Commander
Toodaloo folks! Only for a few days. Finally taking our river cruise. Leaving tomorrow AM returning Sunday. Be sure and take care of all of the masses of barefoot questions for me ;) <br /><br />Have a great weekend all!

POINTER94

Vice Admiral
Re: I am outa here! Now I'm back! Mississppi River PICS!

Finally,<br /><br />Someone leaving here for all the right reasons. Have a great weekend and enjoy the fall colors.

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

Enjoy sanger......I'd like to take a cruise on the might Ohio but it's to full of prop busters right now.<br /><br />HEY! Take lottsa pichers.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

River trip!<br /><br />That's one that's still on my list of gotta do stuff.<br /><br />Have a great time, Sanger, and give us a detailed report when you come back. :)

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Have fun!<br /><br />Barefoot ?'s.. Got ya covered... :D Speed = Weight divided by 10 + 20... Feet forward, arch back, nose full of nasty water, hang on! N/P...

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

WoW! A real vacation!! Must be nice...JK, Sangerwaker. Enjoy , have fun. :) <br />Git er done before the water gets too hard to cruise on.

Link

Rear Admiral

Can we talk about him now?? ;) <br />Have a great time!

SpinnerBait_Nut

Originally posted by sangerwaker:<br />Leaving tomorrow AM returning Sunday. ;)
Alrighty then, party at sangerwaker's house.<br />OBJ, don't forget the longnecks. :D :D :D

ehenry

Commander

How far south you coming Sangerwaker?

sangerwaker

Commander

Everything loaded. Out the door now. All systems go. Hope we remembered everything.<br /><br />efhenry, not even close to your neck of the woods. Launching in Hastings, boating to Wabasha today, (about 60-70 miles). Camping there for the weekend. Probably head down river a little more tomorrow, and then back home Sunday. :( <br /><br />SBN- make sure you leave the house cleaner than you found it! :p

aspeck

Staff member

Hey Sanger, where ya leaving the keys?<br /><br />Have a great time! We want a report!

SpinnerBait_Nut

Originally posted by aspeck:<br /> Hey Sanger, where ya leaving the keys?
Keys? We don't need no stinking keys. :D :D <br />Have a good time and we will leave it better than you left it, rest assured. ;)

wajajaja

Chief Petty Officer

HEY ASPECK,,WHICH 3RD WORLD COUNTRY DO YOU LIKE BEST GHANA,OR CENTRAL PA.

wajajaja

Chief Petty Officer

my daughter goes to bloom u, like to visit but, not ready to live there.

aspeck

Staff member

Prefer Central PA - there are animals to hunt here, and you can get parts and supplies much easier!<br /><br />We are a little over an hour away from Bloomsburg. More remote here - believe it or not.

sangerwaker

Commander

Well, made it back safe and sound. Man, what a trip! Weather was absolutley beautiful! No mechanical failures of any type. Didn't even put a nick in my prop! <br /><br />Friday afternoon was REALLY windy. Lake Pepin was extremely rough. Took two good waves over the bow and got all of us soaked. After that proceeded to run 1200 RPM's for about 12-15 miles. Couldn't go much faster cuz the waves were about 5 feet. Not a lot of fun in a boat like mine.<br /><br />Found a great island to camp on just south of Wabasha. Sorry, Pointer, didn't get to stay on your island. There were already people there and we wanted privacy. Didn't see the Gibson either.<br /><br />Went for a cruise on Saturday afternoon and I think I should have gotten FAA approval beforehand. We got behind a large houseboat making one of the biggest wakes I have ever seen, other than a barge, and decided to pass it. I told everyone to hang on and nailed the throttle. Unfortunately, I forgot I was trimmed up a ways, and we launched. I had the entire boat at least three feet out of the water. My son and I thought it was pretty cool, but my wife was not impressed.<br /><br />The ride home Sunday was pretty uneventful, other than lots of boat traffic. There sure are some beautiful boats on the river.<br /><br />I am at work now, but when I get home tonight I will add a link tothis post of the pictures I took.<br /><br />P.S. Thanks for leaving the place like you found it guys! :p

NathanY

Commander

You left? Hmmmmm.... :D :D :D <br /><br /><br />Just kidding, but where are the pics of you barefooting?

sangerwaker

Commander

Alright, I went home for lunch, and as promised, here are some pictures from the trip.<br /><br />Hopefully Bassy will see the great picture I got of the Mississippi Queen parked in Red Wing.<br /><br /> River Run 2004 pics

sangerwaker

Commander

Sorry Nate, no footin this weekend. It was WAY too rough and too many boats. Maybe I'll post some separately someday. Maybe I'll wait til we get some snow on the ground here so they look a little more impressive. :p

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

SW,<br /><br />I would say you have a pair but I have waterski'ed on Lake Michigan and that is the first thing after the feet that fall off. :D <br /><br />Really glad to hear you had a good weekend and as far as that privacy thing goes, there is plenty of river to camp on.. Glad you found a gentle sloping sand shore and some piece and quiet. I wouldn't have guessed it but it makes sense, that the river would be busy. 5 footers in Pepin, ouch!<br /><br />Cool Pics!!!!