Hydrofoil for Inflatable Seamax 430

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Hello Seamax 430, any update on transom height modification and improvement ?

Happy Boating

NEADST

Cadet
****, after looking at these pics, I think I have to lower the transom on my SD330W. The plate sits right at the water line when sitting but any amount of throttle will expose it.

What did you use to seal the exposed wood in the transom?

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
****, after looking at these pics, I think I have to lower the transom on my SD330W. The plate sits right at the water line when sitting but any amount of throttle will expose it. What did you use to seal the exposed wood in the transom?
That's the Wide 330 version, right ? Which HP brand motor is powering it ? Assume that by plate you mean the lower AV plate, right ? Is the motor achieving prop aeration issues when on plane on flat calm water conditions and at close turns, both situations at high speed ? If so, need to modify the transom height if wanting top boating perfection and increased water fun.

Usually use several coats of paint to seal the exposed wood and then seal the upper rubber cut portion on top of the newly modified middle transom...

Happy Boating

NEADST

Cadet
That's the Wide 330 version, right ? Which HP brand motor is powering it ? Assume that by plate you mean the lower AV plate, right ? Is the motor achieving prop aeration issues when on plane on flat calm water conditions and at close turns, both situations at high speed ? If so, need to modify the transom height if wanting top boating perfection and increased water fun.

Usually use several coats of paint to seal the exposed wood and then seal the upper rubber cut portion on top of the newly modified middle transom...

Happy Boating
thank you. I havent had it out in flat conditions yet. Every day so far has been windy and choppy. Its really hard to tell since it looks like the plate "might" be too high be maybe an inch. I'll need to get it out a few more times before deciding. Thanks again!

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
thank you. I havent had it out in flat conditions yet. Every day so far has been windy and choppy. Its really hard to tell since it looks like the plate "might" be too high be maybe an inch. I'll need to get it out a few more times before deciding. Thanks again!
You're welcome, Only a water test on ideal flat calm, no windy water conditions with motor trimed to 90 deg and deck load evenly distributed will tell. Sib could achieve back water splashes in/out transom if the motor sits too low or prop aeration on windy, wavy water cond and at close turns at speed if the motor sits too high ? Take your time to perform such test, will know what needs to be done later..

Happy Boating