Hurricanes gone bonkers..

snapperbait

Vice Admiral
Hurricanes gone bonkers..

Hurricane Jeanne is out east of here meandering around and doing loop-d-loops in it's track.. According to the weatherman, it looks like she'll probably pay Florida at least a close visit Saturday... <br />
3.gif
<br /><br />I'm finally going to get around to washing the hurricane Frances crud off the boats this weekend, and I really don't care if it's hurricaning out, or not, damnit!... <br />
26.gif
<br /><br />Ivan is back.. :eek: A good part of Ivan spun off the former hurricane as is made it's way through the U.S., now as a tropical storm in the gulf of mexico, it's bearing down on Lousiana and Texas... :( <br /><br />Hurricane Karl's just the way we like em'.. Karl's staying way out to sea in the middle of the Atlantic, not really bothering anyone.. At least not for now...<br /><br />Then there's Lisa.. Little tramp of a tropical storm.. Lisa is messsing around way out in the Atlantic, co-mingling with some good for nuttin tropical depression as I write this..<br /><br />Wildest hurricane season I've ever seen.... Hopefully it'll slow down soon...

Pascal

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Hurricanes gone bonkers..

hokey dina - have those forcasts ever changed since i last checked this afternoon.<br /><br />Y'all dont deserve this AT ALL<br /><br />and ivan wasn't even listed (but with my memory- could have been)I-dont-remember<br /><br />JD

BrianFD

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Florida's certainly had more than its usual share, and Ivan won't die.... Hang on, Mr & Mrs Ladyfish, he's headed your way!<br />Got word from Alabama that our crews should be released by tomorrow...hope we don't need to send 'em to Louisiana and Texas!<br />Godspeed, you southern folks, and keep your hatches battened!
28_2_2.gif

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

I hear ya, Snapperbait! I still have 60feet of a 100foot slash pine laying across my back yard, and my garage door braces up. I might as well just leave everything as is, and see if I'll be cleaning up tree limbs, or picking up my house from the nieghbor's yard.<br />This is getting old.

matthews_jim

Petty Officer 2nd Class

An other weekend shot to @#$%^&* (spelling lol). Well as a first time papaw I guess I'll just have to play with her this weekend. Still leaving the boards on the house. I was going to take them down Friday afternoon/Saturday morning. Might as well paint windows on the outside and murals of lake-front propertiy on the inside - no, I don't live on a lake, but this would be much cheaper.<br /><br />After Charlie, Frances, and a little of Ivan, I will be saying prayers for those in the way of Ivan Part II. Also being saying some prayers for those in the way of Jeanne. Being in Orlando, that might include myself.<br /><br /><br />Edit P.S. - my rank makes me fill young again. Last time I was a seaman I was 33 years ago.

LadyFish

Admiral

Ivan has regenerated and is sitting 280 miles off our coast. We've had tides 4-5' above normal. We yanked the boat out of the water last night and brought one vehicle to higher ground. We live on the water and probably won't be able to get out at all tomorrow. I managed to get out yesterday, barely. Don't know if I can get today yet or not. I shall soon find out.<br /><br />All we expect is a tropical storm but even they can still do a lot of flood damage.
4.gif

LadyFish

Admiral

Well, we made it in to work today. Actually, the wind died down some and the tides were about a foot lower than yesterday.<br /><br />I was just checking Ivan's history. It started out as a tropical depression September 2nd. This storm just won't die.<br /><br />There are 4 news channels parked a block away from my office on the Seawall, even the Weather Channel has reporters here. Woohoo, lil ole Galveston making national news.<br /><br />The forecasters are saying that within the next 24 hours its headed straight for us with 10-15" of rain.<br /><br />They've been wrong before. Eitherway, we'll make do. We're not expecting anything more than flooding and some minor winds at this point unless it sits out in the Gulf and brews it should be past us in a couple of days.

ob

Admiral

Hope all fairs well with you folks in Galveston.This Ivan storm has got to be some sort of record path.As unpredictable as it's been,us down southers will be watching as well.Glad to hear the tides subsided somewhat.Maybe that's a sign that it will enter above Galveston.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

It was really weird driving to work yesterday. On the ship channel there was water were there shouldnt have been. Very high tides.<br /><br />Plus now we have Ivan coming again. This has ruined opening weekend of dove season.<br /><br />If we get all the rain they say we are, I might have a fun trip home. Glad I drive a truck.<br /><br />Ken

oddjob

Commander

Wildest hurricane season I've ever seen.... Hopefully it'll slow down soon...<br />
Cant wait for cold weather and the Holidays....<br /><br />Here in a neighborhood called Weston. City officials said they were going to start fining folks who have still not taken down their shutters 250.00$ . :rolleyes:

ob

Admiral

Still not taken down their shutters?? In the name of asthetics of course.Are the city officials not aware that Florida is possibly being threatened by yet another storm?

beezee28

Master Chief Petty Officer

LF, this is going to be a damper for the Lone Star Rally this weekend in Galveston. Was planning to go there but now.... have to think about it. Probably the ferry would stop running.

aspeck

Staff member

Hang in there LF and MR LF. Ivan has brought havoc and devastation all along his path. He just won't give up! We are still cleaning up and have about a week more till we are through with him.<br /><br />Be safe and take all necessary precautions - HE IS A BULLY!

LadyFish

Admiral

beezee, I just took a ride on the Seawall and there are bikes everywhere. We may not get the crowds for the rally they expected but a lil ole Texas storm won't keep the tough guys away. I think the bar biz will be excellent this weekend. Maybe me and Mr. LF will check it out and let you know.<br /><br />Right now the waves don't look as bad as they did yesterday and neither do the tides but I just read its now up to 60 mph gusting to 70 and heading toward Port Arthur. I think SCO lives in that general area. Eitherway we are expected to get quite a bit of rain over the next few days. Who knows where it will make landfall in the next 12 hours but if it is Port Arthur, we will be on dry side unless he swings back around.

jinx

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Ivan got me yesterday. It came through here last Friday and spun off some tornadoes in the area. Last evening, a big limb that had been weakened, but unfortunately not noticed, crashed down on the roof of my Durango. Didn't break any glass, but it distorted the heck out of the window frame. Looks like an expensive repair.<br /><br />Good luck with your storms...<br /><br />Jinx

beezee28

TS Ivan came to land just south of Bridge City near the Rainbow bridge. I am from the Golden Triangle Area and we had a load of water dumped on us. We are glad to get the water as it is dry and the water is good for the lawn. If the weather turn better by Satyrday, a bunch of us will be going to Glaveston for the Lone Star Rally.

Mr.Ladyfish

Come on down, it's beautiful here. I work at the west end of the Strand. It's been full of bikes since yesterday morning. The sounds and sights of bikes everywhere.

LadyFish

Admiral

Take a look at our web cams if you have any doubts.<br /><br /> Galveston Web Cams<br /><br />Its an absolutely gorgeous day today! :cool:

Mr.Ladyfish

check out the Strand cam! Tomorrow is supposed to be the busy day.

ndemge

Commander

Here in MO:<br />Um, we had some Dew on the grass this morning...