Hurricane Katrina

PW2

Commander
Re: Hurricane Katrina

Thanks, dolluper.<br /><br />The Canadians always step up to help in natural disasters--whatever they happen to be they supply foreet firefighters when needed or whatever the need is--As do the Americans when the role is reversed---I recall many American crews helping in the ice storm crisis in Quebec---it is what neighbors do.<br /><br />And the notion keeping score is unseemly...<br /><br />As is the notion that some place like Sri Lanka "owes" us...<br /><br />We help because we can help--that is all there is to that story.

ErikDC

Petty Officer 1st Class

Wow, don't know how I missed your post, dolluper, considering that I followed right behind you but thank you guys very much. We'll never forget the help.

txswinner

Banned

Not us we are Americans, we need no help "Bring Em On." Oops wrong speech.

D

DJ

PW2,<br /><br />Why are you hanging on in the dreaded US? Move already. Spare us the pain of a US citizen forever extolling the wonderful traits and beauties of being a Canadian citizen. <br /><br />You won't, and we all know why.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

I noticed a key word used in these threads. It is the word depend. We as a whole in the USA does not DEPEND on outside help. Outside help is greatly appreaciated and we would be stupid not to accept it. There are a lot of great people world wide that have big hearts. We should be greatful on any help/aid that is offered. Thanks to those that are helping when the need is so demanding.......SS