FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I couldn't say about a 140 but I have a 210 b+w, it seems to work ok up to about 150 ft. I have used it in both fresh and salt water, performance is about the same, only good for trolling speed, any faster and it loses signal,batterys last a long time. I used it every day for 2 weeks last summer on the same batterys.
Thanks for the response dan t.. I have an old Humminbird portable with a suction cup transducer similar to your unit, but over 20 years old, and I was fairly pleased with it till it quit working. It still powers on but it doesn't do anything else. I think the transducer is shot, but I can't get a new replacement, obsolete. The 140 I'm considering is a clamp on unit with the transducer permanently mounted on a pole that is attached to the display unit, and if it preforms ok it'd be real handy for me.