Hull question

unbtabl

Seaman
I've got a few spots like this at the boats V. Is this something to be concerned about and how would I fix it?

Attachments

• photo288923.jpg
    photo288923.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • photo288924.jpg
    photo288924.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
From what I see in the pics, the glass substrate has not been damaged, it's only the Gelcoat that's chipped off. If I were me, I'd go to Ace Hardware and buy some PC-11 2 part epoxy filler and then sand the gouges well with 60 grit and then wash with Acetone. Mix the PC-11 and then fill the areas using a plastic putty knife to smooth. It'll be ready to go to the lake in 30 mins.

Lightwin 3

Petty Officer 1st Class
From what I see in the pics, the glass substrate has not been damaged, it's only the Gelcoat that's chipped off. If I were me, I'd go to Ace Hardware and buy some PC-11 2 part epoxy filler and then sand the gouges well with 60 grit and then wash with Acetone. Mix the PC-11 and then fill the areas using a plastic putty knife to smooth. It'll be ready to go to the lake in 30 mins.

I agree. You want something impervious to water. Marine Tex is another product that would work.

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral
They are kinda gray in color... if looks matter, you might want to try something else. (If you do use epoxy, PC-11 is great and cheaper than MarineTex.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
PC-11 is kinda and off-White when mixed. NOTE: Fish don't care if the paint is a perfect match. Neither will you once it's in the water!!!;)

ajgraz

Lieutenant Commander
PC-11 is a little bit greenish-gray. Marine-Tex is a little "whiter" (probably has some titanium dioxide in it), and is more expensive of course because it has "marine" in the name.

Either will work fine.