How'd you get your screen name?

Straightup

Petty Officer 1st Class
Don't know if this has gone around here, but regardless, I'll start:<br /><br />Straightup - My hobbies other than boating are Remote Controlled Aircraft and Bass Guitar. Most of my 10 RC planes have more power (thrust) than weight. The smaller ones can be released out of my hand and scream right for the sky. Heheee! That's how I got the name Straightup.<br /><br />Jeff

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander
Re: How'd you get your screen name?

Mine's partly from a heavy metal chatroom and partly from a 2000ad comic vampire girlie character called Durham Red... she carried a chaingun called Nos4r2. Sounds a bit lame now I think about it, but hey-it's stuck...

Bondo

Staff member

Bondo............Last name is Bond.........<br /><br />I've Been Bondo since before I started High School......<br />I'm Bondo here,+ on every other website I've Ever been too......<br />I'm Bondo to all My closest Friends.......<br />I'm Bondo Everywhere Except on My Licence, Checkbook,+ CreditCards..................<br /><br />NO,... I've Never been a Bodyshop worker,...... I Hate Bodywork.........<br /><br />I really don't remember Who called me it 1st,..... But it sure is better than all the James Bond Jokes...........

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

My nickname and my chosen home. AK<br /><br />AK Chappy

sue5878

Petty Officer 3rd Class

My boat name is getreel and use it whenever I can<br /><br />GR

RubberFrog

Rear Admiral

I just thought up rubberfrog when I was considering my fascination with rubber chickens. Why not rubberchicken? Seemed too cliche. I've been rubberfrog for about 12 years now.

TilliamWe

Banned

My name is William and my middle intial is T.<br />A good friend started calling me Tilliam We when we were about 15.<br />His name was Tom Watkins... yep, we called him Wom Twatkins.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Mine is from my use of Spinner Baits.<br />I have all kinds and sizes of them.<br /><br />Started out years ago using an old Strike King 3/8 oz single blade one and have been using them ever since. I am a Spinner Bait and top water kinda guy.<br />You will find me just about anywhere as SBN or Spinner Bait Nut.<br /><br />Just do a yahoo search for SpinnerBait Nut and look out!!!! :D

fixin

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Mine comes from what everyone says when they stop by "whatcha Fixin" that and always Fixin to ..ss someone off. :p

dolluper

Captain

Got mine from the garage buisness I owned, I would tell people when their car or truck was fixed it was all dolled up therfore I became dolluper

BLU LUNCH

Lieutenant

Mine is exactly what my son did years ago on his 1st trip on salt water flounder fishing..........

Fly Rod

Commander

:) I use to travel around the country fly fishing with a few friends!!! Nothing promotional!!! And even after doing it for 20+ years, I'm the most unorthordoxed fly fisherman!!! ;) :cool:

SpinnerBait_Nut

Originally posted by Fly Rod:<br /> :) I use to travel around the country fly fishing with a few friends!!! Nothing promotional!!! And even after doing it for 20+ years, I'm the most unorthordoxed fly fisherman!!! ;) :cool:
I never could get them little buggers to stay on the hook. :D

Twidget

Commander

In the Navy, anyone that works in CIC or in the electronic field was called a Twidget.

one more cast

Captain

mine came from trying a bunch of them that were already taken. Then someone on iboats started calling me OMC. I run omc's so everything worked out fine....Now I am carring the name over to my boat. A little 16'semi john bass boat called One More Cast.

JB

Long story. JB are my real first two initials. I dropped my last name because too few could spell it correctly. :D

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

cause back in 95 when I started playing with mIRC all the cool nicks were taken. so I chose an engine part. on yahoo its rodbolt40 cause thats how old I was when I tried yahoo.alternate mIRC nick is wristpin

keelhauled

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Mine comes from what my dad said he was gunna do to me if I kept scaring the fish!<br /><br />He said the same thing if we all jumped out of our seats when he was trying to dock. Now I find myself telling my friends!

jinx

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Jinx was a cat in a kid's book I was reading to the boys at the time I started using screen names.<br />My sons and I admired his attitude.<br /><br />The "Freddy the Pig" series, by Walter R. Brooks for those of you that have youngsters. They are classics.<br /><br />Jinx