How to repair cracks in Livingston hull

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner
Re: How to repair cracks in Livingston hull

If it's tack free you can use it, and it should be tack free in less than a day from when you applied it.

kinaiahi61

Petty Officer 1st Class

Right on. Thanks for the advice I may just get in the water by the end of the week:)

Yacht Dr.

Vice Admiral

Nice job mate :) . A few air bubbles and burrs .. but nothing that speaks out.

YD.

kinaiahi61

Petty Officer 1st Class

Didn't seem like too much air bubbles. Some of the pics looks like it but it was all ground down if it wasn't laid in the past 24 hours to give it good tooth so it might look like there's more. Little more to go tomorrow on the out side with fairing and gonna shoot the gel coat. It's amazing how much stronger and stiffer the hull is. Hope it lasts a while. If not I've vowed to blow it up already. Lol, yah right.

Yacht Dr.

Vice Admiral

Didn't seem like too much air bubbles.

Thats what I was saying :D

Ive seen some lams that had some real serious bubs in there. Your job takes a trained eye to see them heehhe ..

Blow it up .. now there is a resto that I would love to see :target: lol.

YD.

Bsturgeonslayer

Recruit
I tell fiberglass newbie,s all the time to watch some videos to learn some of the basics of fiberglass, but that was before I knew about youtube ect, Im sure there are tons of fiberglass vids on YT, I have been reading up on carbon fiber and vacuum sealing lately, but I bet there is a ton of info there!

Last edited by a moderator:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I tell fiberglass newbie,s all the time to watch some videos to learn some of the basics of fiberglass, but that was before I knew about youtube ect, Im sure there are tons of fiberglass vids on YT, I have been reading up on carbon fiber and vacuum sealing lately, but I bet there is a ton of info there!

Please stay on topic when posting. The OP finished this build 3 years ago, so it's a little late to give him advice.