how to remove tower off 2016 h180rs for storage

northofmost

Recruit
it folds easily, but would like to remove the tower for garage storage. any knowledge would be appreciated.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
That is an XTP tower. Not easy to pull off the hinges without 3 people. If you do not need to remove, suggest you do not

northofmost

Recruit
That is an XTP tower. Not easy to pull off the hinges without 3 people. If you do not need to remove, suggest you do not
i have plenty of people. it seems there is a bolt on the front pivot point, but it doesn't go all the way through so i don't think it can be pushed out. i've removed the snap ring but that didn't get me anywhere. I suppose i could reach to the underside and remove the 4 bolts (two per side) that hold the entire mount on, but was hoping to remove the tower from the mounts. I will call the local dealership to see if they can be of any help.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
It will also be bedded in with 5200. If you do not need to remove, suggest you dont

If you need just an extra inch of height, air down your tires

northofmost

Recruit
It will also be bedded in with 5200. If you do not need to remove, suggest you dont

If you need just an extra inch of height, air down your tires
Sounds like it shouldnt be removed. Will shuffle things around and fit it into the shop. Was hoping to fit it into a tarp building, but happy to move some stuff around and keep it intact. Appreciate your responses.