MY BROTHER BOUGHT A BOAT AND TRAILER, THE TRAILER HAD NO TAGS ON IT, THE DPS, SAYS HE NEEDS VEND NUMBER FOR IT , CAN NOT FIND A VEND NUMBER ON IT. HE LIVES IN THE STATE OF TEXAS, WHATS IS THE BEST WAY TO GET TAGS FOR THE BOAT TRAILER
That's supposed to be the best way to register stolen trailers also!Originally posted by TexomaAv8r:<br /> Register it as a home built trailer
When I tried to register my then "new" 1994 LoadRite trailer in PA, I was told that I needed a paper impression of the serial number. LoadRite used a printed metallic label. PennDOT would not accept a photo of the label, hence my trailer now has a steel stamped serial number on the frame.Originally posted by JB:<br /> I. . . um. . . know a guy who got out a set of number punches and punched his USN serial number into the frame of a trailer, which TX promptly registered with that as the VIN number.
Nice thought, Texas requires a paper rub of the S/N on out of state registrations. <br /><br />My trailer used a label that had worn off over the years. My options were to get the DPS to find the S/N(money and big hassle with arrainging appointment), or register it as home made. <br /><br />Its now a home made trailer. I really didn't know I was so good at making trailers. Wish I would have known JB's 'friend'.ill sell ya the registration my old broken trailer, and you can use that!