FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I had some aluminum trim pieces and on the boat and I had them made up in Stainless but the person cut them about 1/2 too long. What is the best way to cut them down? The are about 16 guage stainless steel.
You can try a sawsall or a grinder..... The BEST option is to have them cut professionally during the week. I love stainless but it is a paint to work with ..... I have special carbide drill bits just for the holes.
If you do try cutting with a sawsall put a layer of tape over the cut so you do not scratch the piece.