How to build back to back seats.

Stuber59

Recruit
These are the type of boat seats that I want to build from scratch. I have a 1960 something Star Craft boat.I want to fix what the idiot took out. I know that they were back to back seats, that folded out flat. To make a bench seat. Like these,(see pics).1620096989492.png

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Do you really want to build them from scratch?

You can buy lounge seats or back to back seats, what ever you want to call them.

ShoestringMariner

Lieutenant Commander
Just buy new ones. I would have recovered my originals but that was too costly and the bases were toast. The new ones are made on injected molded vinyl clad bases. No wood to rot

ShoestringMariner

Lieutenant Commander
Do you really want to build them from scratch?

You can buy lounge seats or back to back seats, what ever you want to call them.
I call them sleeper seats. Agreed, unless you have deep pockets or a pal with an industrial machine

matt167

Captain
Some of the early 60's SC runabout's DID have bench seats as an optional floor plan..

I would buy the Wise seats and build 6" bases for them. I put them in my '66ish Holiday 14 OB but the 8" bases they come with are a little too tall for the boat.

My boat had 2 fisherman benches, but they were ripped out as soon as I could

ShoestringMariner

Lieutenant Commander
These are the type of boat seats that I want to build from scratch. I have a 1960 something Star Craft boat.I want to fix what the idiot took out. I know that they were back to back seats, that folded out flat. To make a bench seat. Like these,(see pics).View attachment 339288
That’s a sharp boat!
Admittedly, the original Starcraft seats were nicer, wider and had very slightly bolstered sides than the new offerings out there. I’d like to find updated knock offs