How old is your boat?

How old is your boat?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mike64

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I have an old boat and see a lot of people who own cool old classic boats here. So I was curious about the average ages of the boats you guys have.

I used the multiple choice option for the poll, so if you have boats that are different ages you should be able to choose more than one age category.

BamaAlum97

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: How old is your boat?

I've got one that is just a few months old...and another that is 38 years old...The boat I use depends on my agenda for the day.

wildmaninal

Lieutenant Commander

Well that depends on which boat. A majority of my boat are still projects. The boat I use is a 1977 Challenger 15ft Bass boat with a 1978 85hp E'rude on the back.

The oldest boat that I own but haven't had out yet is a 1957 Whitehouse runabout that looks to be more and more in worst shape everytime I look at it :(, don't know if I'm going to save it or not. Has a 1957 35hp E'rude on the back.

The first boat that I bought is a 13ft 1960 model fiberglass semi V bottom boat (make unknown), I worked my arse off on and lately I haven't found time to work on it.

Tacklewasher

Lieutenant Commander

The only one I have any idea on the year on is a 1977 Starcraft. No clue on my 12 or 10 foot boats.

mike64

Lieutenant Junior Grade

it only lets you vote once.

Oh yeah, so it does. I used the multiple choice option, so if you have boats in different age categories you can choose them all, but if you have 2 boats in the same category, I guess you're out of luck...?

nlain

Commander

I held the control key while picked the second choice, I have a 2004 and one from the mid 50's, 13' Halsey Plywood with a 30 hp Elgin engine.

Tom 47

Cadet

I get many complants on my Pacemaker 26 foot Sportfish, but it has been an expensive year. New fly bridge seat, rudder stuffing box, fuel pump, battery charger and 2 bateries just to name a few. She is a great old boat. I can troll all day on 10 to 12 gallons of gas 305 Crusader. I have not spent much in the past years on repairs. She just keeps going. Reallyt can not complain everythihg seemed to hit this year.

Old Tyme

Cadet

'69 22' Cruisers Mackinac
'70 Slickcraft SS-204
'71 Steury 15' Runabout w/50HP Merc
unknown 12' Shallow V Sea-Nymph w/2 bad oars

I sometimes envy the guys with the new Lund's, Lowe's, etc but I feel good that I don't have a boat payment....at least yet. :eek:

I would like a new Deep-V fishing boat, but need to build a garage first.

pduquette

Ensign

Mine is a 1961 MFG Oxford , so 47 years old and lots of fun :)

ziggy

Admiral

mines 33 years old and fiber glassics don't want me around cause it ain't old enough to qualify as a classic boat by acbs standards... + it don't have fins...... whatever.... i guess i just have an old boat..... that's ok too. it's paid for and i have just as much fun as the next fella in his brand new boat i would think. maybe more fun even, the new ones don't got sliding hardtops.....:D

64 Renken, with a 59 evinrude, and if I get lucky, it'll be towed with a 60 caddy... but don't tell the wife :)

david_r

Lieutenant Junior Grade

i've got three-'78 16.5' venture w/ '79 115 johnson....14' no# (looks like the one on the red green show) larson alluminum w/ '64 18 evinrude....13.5 no# arkansas traveler, camoflauged w/ '72 9.8 mercury.

diiferent boat for different bodies of water-lakes,creeks,watersheds,river,hunting,etc....

wife wants me to sell one but how do you part with a boat that doesnt leak and starts every time you get in?... well almost every time:)

jdsgrog

Chief Petty Officer

I've got a '57-'59 glasspar lido. Not sure exactly of the year, but based on pics and other things on the web, definitely in that year range. It's powered by a '67 33hp johnson super seahorse.

oops!

Supreme Mariner

ive got three.......an 89 b-liner that im using while i restore my 69 ray.....

the other one is a pre 60s somthing or other......its just waiting for me to decide what to do with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.