How not to restore a Chaparral 1900SL Sport

Baylinerchuck

Commander
I guess maybe this can't be considered a restoration. I'm not sure what you call it... in any event, tub surround is made for bathrooms, not boats.

Ironically enough I found this gem, (almost same boat as mine) 3/4 mile from my house. The boat is definitely rotten. I poked the drain hole that was plugged with mulch, and a lot of water and wood came out. Notice the jack stands at the rear of the trailer. Any guess what'll happen if they're removed? $2000.00?? Really??

wrvond

Chief Petty Officer
Man, you could have taken some lessons from that guy!
Just think of all the time and energy (and money!) you would have saved!

gm280

Supreme Mariner
When you see the typical delamination on the flooring material you know you are in for a lot of work. :facepalm:

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Not only will they buy it, they will end up here looking for help to repair it.

garbageguy

Lieutenant Commander
Yep, somebody may buy it - oh boy!

We are packing up my in-law's house, took a bunch of "stuff" to an auction company. They sold EVERYTHING! Now, the Admiral says she'll never throw anything away again

Baylinerchuck

Commander
Not only will they buy it, they will end up here looking for help to repair it.

I'll see how long it sits there.....maybe offer a couple hundred to pull parts off it and haul it to the landfill for free!!! Ha ha. The pictures don't really show how nasty this thing is!!

Baylinerchuck

Commander
Man, you could have taken some lessons from that guy!
Just think of all the time and energy (and money!) you would have saved!

Yeah right! My wife and boating buddies would have beaten me for that kind of abuse to a boat!! I shake my head every time I drive by it!!