How much is your sales tax?

Mr.Ladyfish

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: How much is your sales tax?

Is it always missing? It shows up here at work about 80% of the time. At home it's always there. Guess I'll have to get the IT Dept. (LF) to check into it.

NYMINUTE

Captain

Originally posted by Mr.Ladyfish:<br /> Is it always missing? It shows up here at work about 80% of the time. At home it's always there. Guess I'll have to get the IT Dept. (LF) to check into it.
Great avatar Mr. LF. You went all out.

jinx

Senior Chief Petty Officer

12 footer: Don't you have a tax on securities and other assets?<br /><br />Jinx

Jesster

Cadet

6% state wide here in Utah. As far as I know anyways. But either way, in Aukland, New Zealand, sales tax averaged about 12.5% so I dont mind the 6% that much :D

Moody Blue

Captain

You don't know taxes until you live in Ontario here in Canada. To start with we pay 8% on most everything except foods. Junk food and fast foods over a certain dollar amount are taxed. THEN we are taxed ANOTHER 7% GST (Goods and Services Tax). This tax applies pretty much to any 'goods' or 'service'. In a nutshell, we pay 15% tax on almost everything we buy. Can anyone top that ? To make matters worse I have to pay a 27% premium (because of our weak dollar) on every US purchase I make. Ouch, no wonder I can't get ahead. Thats my rant for today. Thanks for listening.

Link

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by FlatBottoms:<br /> Washington has no State Income Tax, 8.x in most areas for sales tax, no tax on UNPREPARED foods (buy it hot or cooked and it is taxed)...I think it is 8.6 in my county...
Don't you mean No State Tax Yet?<br />The unelected self proclaimed King of the Hill is all for adding a State tax on top of our 8-9% per county... rant over :)

TilliamWe

Banned

Just as I thought, Peoria (and most of Illinois) has the worst tax rates, all things considered.<br /><br />8% on goods (no taxes on labor/services)<br />10% on prepared food.<br />3% State Income taxes<br />Not sure how to give you prperty tax rates, so I'll give you two known examples:<br />950 Sq Ft townhouse, $1550/year<br />1550 Sq Ft house on a 60x100 lot $2775/year.<br />But this may be the break-even, The townhouse sold for $73000 and the house was $108,000 and was definately in move in condition.

Booner

Petty Officer 1st Class

State of Kansas is 5.3%. City and county can levy a tax oh and they do. Total 7% combined. We have a local developer that gets the city to fund his developments and then the taxpayers get to pay for all the new developments. (He’s very wealthy and slick) NO State taxes on retirement just the feds tax us.

Homerr

Commander

We don't have a sales tax, but that doesn't stop them from putting it on the ballot every time we vote.<br /> <br />How many times do we have to tell the state of Oregon NO ? Last count was 9 I think...<br /><br /><br />H.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

The sales tax is 6.75% <br />We also have state income tax<br />Food is not taxed<br />Services are now being taxed, tow trucks, beauticians, bait shops, and several other services.<br />Fast food consumed on the premisis is taxed but not taxed for take out.<br />All beverages are taxed except for milk products.<br /><br />My property 1200sq' house, acre n half land = 2600 a year.<br /><br />I don't know exactly what the gas and diesel tax is. The diesel I think is 44 cents a gallon.<br /><br />With Oregon and Ohio having this kind of problem, maybe we can merge and call ourselves the state of "Oreoh"!

aspeck

Staff member

6% in PA and 15% in Ghana.<br /><br />Personally would like to see them do away with Federal and State income taxes and go simply to sales taxes - tax consumption, not earning power. Don't penalize for hard work, but make it a priviledge to purchase. Just my thoughts.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

I have always thought instead of taxing stuff we have to have to make ends meet. There should be a tax on entertainment. If you have the money to go have fun, you have the money to pay extra for tax.<br /><br />The people who can't afford to do those things wouldn't be burdened in paying tax on stuff they must need to survive.<br /><br />I like the idea of a flat tax. That way big money people would be stuck paying the taxes instead of wtitting them off. That would be fair for everyone.

Homerr

Commander

Here! Here! Mayfloat!<br /><br /><br />H.

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

Ditto SS. but you will never see a flat tax due small business tax cheats.......ah, hell, why even bother to post an inflammatory message to the tax cheats...........they will claim their new outboards as well as the boats and restaurant bills as legal writeoffs, from lobbying their Pols to kill any such tax bill.<br /><br />Sorry, I remain Very Tender from the tax cheats (business owners and the like) beating this boards Union Folks up....

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

yep, my agenda is pretty poor for the folks who are at Iboats, and I did come to this forum for boat stuff. Somehow got stuck in the basement as of late........but I will post of my trihull project up above. <br /><br />[EDIT]..my sincere apology for posting very negative. Was having a real booger of a day and I let stuff that should not have get under my skin. Again, my deep apologies folks. I do feel a kinship with all here, and though we all agree to disagree on some topics, I should never be so unkind and disrespectful to any and all Iboats members. Thanks all...Pat :( ...[EDIT]

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

^ :( :( ^

MudIsFun

Seaman

California, State Tax.<br /><br />Where I live, Orange County 7.75% sales tax<br />LA County, 8.25% sales tax<br /><br />18 cent per gal state tax on fuel as well as the 18 cent per gal fed tax on fuel... <br /><br />Too many other taxes to get into... Im getting depressed!<br /><br />Kevin