How much do dealers typically come off price?

superpop

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: How much do dealers typically come off price?

NADA is useless in this application because values can vary greatly from one boat to the next. I paid right at NADA for my boat in January and it is an 06, I looked at another one just like mine that was a repo and you could tell it was not taken care of for such a new boat. Mine still looked brand new, had every option, and a transferable Volvo Warranty along with all history and maint records, it was literally like buying a demo boat. NADA works for cars because there are so many of them and it averages out the values better, one boat on the other hand can be dramatically different from the same year and model of another boat. Location and local economy also play a huge factor in pricing. In the Pacific NW boats have always commanded a premium and you just pay more for a boat in the Seattle area. I had people on this site telling me my old boat was worth 4K when I was trying to sell it and I got 7.5K for it when I sold it. I think it still boils down to supply and demand and condition of the boat more than anything else.