How Many More Will Die This Way?

jtexas

Fleet Admiral
Re: How Many More Will Die This Way?

Seven years ago, the (biological) mother of my children (we're only distantly related to the kids we're raising) was shot and killed by one of the two crack dealers she was living with at the time. Thank God she had already abandoned her kids when that happened - one of my kids is old enough to remember going with mom to buy crack. She also remembers riding in the car with the windows rolled up so none of the marijuana smoke could escape. That's with both parents. Both my girls remember watching their drunken father beat mom black and blue many times, literally black and blue, I saw pictures. <br /><br />When mom was pregnant with the youngest she asked her father (now married to my MIL) for abortion money. She and dad were separated at this time. Their marriage was an on-again off-again type of thing. He came and went seemingly at random. So did she. Sometimes they were both gone simultaneously for days at a time leaving an infant and a small child to fend for themselves.<br /><br />Just for the record, grandpa (now my FIL) has 2 other children who are normal, productive members of society; this one just made the wrong choice somewhere along the way.<br /><br />Anyway granddad refused to pay for abortion, instead buying her a trailer & setting it up behind the big house (on several acres in the country). She managed pretty much to stay off drugs until the baby was born, thank goodness. Her older siblings weren't so lucky. Living out back of grandma's made it easier for mom to disappear for a few days, and also gave the youngest a much, much better childhood.<br /><br />Dad came around and puffed up his chest and made like some kind of indignant model citizen when grandparents filed the custody petition but he didn't even show up in court (mom & dad were back together by now, although she was whereabouts unknown). Six months later the wife & I brought 'em home with us (all according to plan), then after another six months filed an uncontested petition for custody. Dad once again called and made indignant noises (like "nobody's gonna take my kids yada yada yada") but didn't bother to show up for the hearing. <br /><br />Mom had three older kids, a pair of twin boys whom she lost custody of when they were three because she left 'em alone to get high next door and they got scalded in the bathtub, then one of 'em got run over by a truck while he was sleeping on the highway after running away from the state juvenile facility, and a daughter (raised by grandma & grandpa) who just graduated from North Texas State (completed a four-year degree in two years), attends graduate school, and is engaged to marry a local police officer. <br /><br />Long story short, mom gets herself shot in the head, dad makes a show out of calling ever couple months, even visiting a couple times the 1st year or so, but nothing for the past 5 years. He still lives in the same house, not 10 miles from grandma & grandpa, but no birthday cards, Christmas presents, nothing. This guy is such a pathetic, alcoholic, wife-beating loser. Next logical step is to have his parental rights revoked & adopt, but we're considering all our options (example: financial aid for college).<br /><br />The point of all this: I can testify first-hand how d*** frustrating it is that anybody who can cop***te can have kids. <br /><br />Unless of course you have a medical condition that prevents it, like my wife does. So here we are, one minute no kids, next minute, we're trading in the red Mustang GT convertible for a minivan (literally). Moving to a bigger house in a better school district. Getting calls from the principal. Talk about culture shock.<br /><br />f_inscreenname, if you've got a waiting list of people who qualify for your "piece of lead" I've got a name for you!

SoulWinner

Commander

It's funney isn't it? You have to have a state issued license to dirve a car. You have to have a state issued lisence to get married. You have to have a state issues lisence to hunt or fish. You have to have to have a state issued social security card to work. But anybody can go and make all the babis they want. America regulates some behaviors, yet encourages others that don't make sense.

Twidget

Commander

Now tell me again why we should outlaw abortion?<br />
Because its not the kids fault!! Why should the innocent be given the death penalty if the scumbags that did the crime cant be? :confused: <br /><br />This is a novel thought, why not sterilize the parents? Hmm, or as so many of my left leaning friends tell me, that would be a violation of their rights? It's easier for them to give the death penalty to the one who cant speak to defend himself/herself I guess.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

This just in.<br />_______________________________________________<br />BREAKING NEWS<br />The Associated Press<br />Updated: 4:36 p.m. ET Dec. 17, 2004SKIDMORE, Mo. - A baby girl who apparently was cut from her mother’s womb was found in good health Friday, a day after the slaying, and two people were being questioned, authorities said.<br /><br />advertisement<br /> <br />Sheriff Ben Espey said authorities were awaiting DNA testing to confirm the newborn is the child of Bobbi Joe Stinnett, an eight-months-pregrant woman found slain in her Missouri home Thursday. The child was found in Kansas.<br /><br />“It’s about as good as we can get, people,” Espey said at a new conference.<br /><br />Stinnett, 23, was discovered strangled in her home in northwest Missouri by her mother on Thursday afternoon.<br /><br />The baby was in a Kansas hospital on Friday, authorities said. Espey would not say how the infant was cut from Stinnett’s body. He said there were no signs of forced entry into the home, but there was evidence of a struggle. <br /><br />“Someone was wanting a baby awful bad,” he said. <br /><br />An Amber Alert was issued for the infant early Friday.<br /><br />“The doctors who examined Bobbi Jo gave us information indicating we probably would have a live child if we could find it,” Espey said. But he added: “The child would be in danger because of being one month premature.”<br /><br />Doctors also said the baby might have suffered a lack of oxygen or other injuries during the assault.<br /><br />The FBI and several other agencies chased down tips, including one that indicated the baby may have been taken out of state. Espey would not give details.<br /><br />Investigators were looking for a red Honda hatchback that had been seen in the driveway at Stinnett’s home. Officers in a neighboring county spotted a car that appeared to match that description early Friday and began chasing it but lost sight of it after its lights were turned off, the sheriff said.<br /><br />Stinnett worked at an engine factory in nearby Maryville; she was expecting her first child. Her husband was at work at the time she was killed, authorities said.<br /><br />A neighbor, Bill Dragoo, said Stinnett and her husband raised dogs and “didn’t bother anybody. It blows my mind that this happened. She was such a shy person. They didn’t deserve this.”<br /><br />Several pregnant women have been killed in recent years by attackers who then removed their fetuses, in some cases to pass the children off as their own.<br /><br />In the most recent case, a 21-year-old woman was shot to death in Oklahoma in December 2003, allegedly by another woman who pretended the 6-month-old fetus was her child. The fetus died and prosecutors are seeking the death penalty.

D

DJ

What's the fuss about? <br /><br />According to the pro choicers, this was a "unviable tissue mass". <br /><br />The mother was the unfortunate casualty of a "medical procedure".<br /><br />I am of course being a wise !@!. That whole thing is dispicable.

Devon

Cadet

It sounds like they found the baby in Osage County, Kansas alive and well. She is in the hospital in Topeka, Ks. and her Dad is with her. Dad certainly has a rough time ahead of him, but what I wouldn't give to take the folks that did this out yonder and show 'em how it feels to get gutted.<br />Sorry if I offend anyone here, but few things in this world get me riled up like someone messing with a woman or a kid. The death penalty is much too humane for those kind of scum.<br /><br />Devon

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by woodrat:<br /> huh, I thought that passing judgement on who does or does not deserve to live was god's job.
Hmm..Well, according to you, it's Judge Ruth's job!<br />I prefer the laws laid-down by our human acestors, as dictated by God, who commanded, "thou shalt not kill".<br />Now this is where you go into a rant about american soldiers slaughtering babies every day,or some such rot. Understand that the woman murdered for her 8 month old fetus-now human baby,is with God now. Understand that because the murderer apparently had use for live human tissue,as opposed to dead, the baby somehow survived. This child will have to wait to be with God and it's mom ("it's", because the sex of the baby has not been released yet).<br />God Bless and be with this little child, and God guide law enforcement with the investigation, to bring the murderer of it's mother, incontrovertible evidence leading to the death sentence!!!!

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by f_inscreenname:<br /> I'm sorry guys. I want to read your stories but I would not be able to finish due to watering eyes. As parents we are supposed to protect our kids not hurt them. We are the only line of defense they have. Every time I start to read or see something like that I get a knot in my stomach and can not finish. It hits to close to home for me. As for the people who hurt or take away the innocence of children I have a .23 cent piece of lead for them and I am more then willing to do the “time” for using it. Those F’ers!
Just because it bears repeating until they get it. I know that "knot in the stomach" well, my friend! You're by no means alone on this one.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by woodrat:<br /> If the reason for outlawing abortion is the commandment "thou shalt not kill", then you can't very well take them out behind the barn and shoot them, now, can you?<br /><br />the commandment is pretty simple. it does not say "thou shalt not kill unless..."
The Hebrew version of that commandment states "thou shall not murder". Although I agree that the above tongue and cheek remedies would be tantamount to murder, you Liberals cannot use that Commandment to justify your opposition to the death penalty.