I have a Mercury 2.2 hp outboard. I think the serial number is A819516 - does that sound right? If so, how do I look up the year manufactured and the specs? I want to try and perform the maintenance and upkeep myself. Thanks
Your engine is a 1988 MERCURY TMC NA 2.2 MH, Model Number 1002201BK.I have a Mercury 2.2 hp outboard. I think the serial number is A819516 - does that sound right? If so, how do I look up the year manufactured and the specs? I want to try and perform the maintenance and upkeep myself. Thanks
The owners manual will give you just enough very basic information of "when and how" to maintain your engine with very basic specifications on oil's, greases, and maybe a spark plug gap, But not much more then that.Thanks! Wow - I looked up the service manual - $75.00???!!!! Can that be right? It might be cheaper to just by a new engine! The owners manual was $25.00. Will that contain enough info for me to properly maintain the engine?