How do I install a steering consol

Jerseydave

Recruit
I recently bought a 1985 mirrocraft 14' aluminum boat deep fisherman the guy I bought it from ordered a steering consol for it to mount on the side of boat he already installed throttle cables and Trans cables but he couldn't figure out how to install a steering consol it has a 30 horse Johnson on it and it's my first boat with a engine any tips on installing the steering consol would be great thanks.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
:welcome: aboard Jerseydave. Great having you join us here on iboats...

Without pictures of your boat layout or even pictures for the consol, it is hard to make any serious decisions. You could also go to a local marina and see how similar hulls are setup and if you see one you like, duplicate that setup. Otherwise you need to post pictures for us to see what you are dealing with for more in depth answers. There are tons of quality type answers so post those pictures and you will get lots of ideas... :thumb:

hotrod53

Chief Petty Officer
I've had my entire console out of my 16' Sylvan SeaMaster when I replaced the floor. assuming that you have something like mine, a few rivets into the side angle brackets, 2 screws into the floor, that's it! I went as far as to remake the wooden pieces for the front and rear of the dash and get rid of the old dated switches. I relocated my power center to the right of the helm and installed circuit breakers with LEDs, it did a much better/modern looking job.