how can u tell

aggiefan07

Cadet
ok this mite b a dum ***** ? but how can u tell if ur motor has tilt trim w/e u call it on the back of the motor i see 2 hydrolics how ever u spell it so ya can some1 help me out

Lou Eppell

Cadet
Re: how can u tell

What is the model number of that engine, OR if you know for sure.... the exact make, year, and horsepower?

Lou Eppell

Cadet

The model number of 85993S is a 1969 85hp Evinrude. I know of no PTT unit that would fit that engine.

However, if such a unit existed, there would be a long vertical hydraulic ram on the outside of each transom bracket, with a large combination electric motor oil reservoir on the starboard side of the vertical hydraulic ram.

If you're asking about the two hydraulic units that might exist between the transom brackets, they are simply shock absorbers which might also be manual assisted lifting units.

aggiefan07

Cadet

lol o ok do u no were i can get a relly cheap one at and or would that motor tilt thing that u put on and do it urself would work

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

lol o ok do u no were i can get a relly cheap one at and or would that motor tilt thing that u put on and do it urself would work

There is absolutely no such thing as cheap PT&T! The motor tilter you describe would work fine.

patrick4266

Chief Petty Officer

I have a 1972 and 1970 85 evinrude horse power motors and neither of them have power tilt and trim. I do not believe they were a option form 69 thru 72. i also would like to have it but i am not going to pay 500 or more for a after market product as that is more than the price of the motors.

Last edited:

patrick4266

Chief Petty Officer

Ezmobee, I like what you done with your boat. I am working on mine, a 17 ft ranger bass boat also with a 85 hp rude. Have you had it on the water. Does anyone know how that engine will push mine? Does it push your alright?

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

And in the future would you pleeeeease use real words instead of text message crypto graphs. It is really annoying to try and read that nonsense while trying to understand and issue and formulate a solution to a problem. Even if they are not spelled correctly, it makes for much easier reading.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Ezmobee, I like what you done with your boat. I am working on mine, a 17 ft ranger bass boat also with a 85 hp rude. Have you had it on the water. Does anyone know how that engine will push mine? Does it push your alright?

We've used our boat quite a bit for 3 full seasons and it's been great. The old 85 absolutely jumps the boat up on plane. I can get over 35MPH according to my wildly inaccurate speedometer. Hope to verify this year with a friend's GPS. I'm sure that motor will push your bass boat quite well.