How are all you Whitetail hunters doing?

fixin

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Ive seen a couple of spike bucks and what looked like a 6ix pointer,there's a big boy in the area,but I haven't got to meat him yet

Stratosfied

Ensign
Re: How are all you Whitetail hunters doing?

OMC, I haven't been yet as gun season opens up on Sat. 11/20 here. Archery season opened on 10/15, although alot of the woods are messed up by the Hurricane and people are still trying to put things back together. Here in AL., they just made it legal to use crossbows this year. I know a fellow who got a spike with his crossbow. The herd is so large and such a problem here that you can harvest a buck and a doe each day throughout most of the state. I will be going to a camp near Dadeville AL the last week of Jan. to hunt all week. Interestingly, the rut here usually won't hit until the last week in Jan. or later. There is really not a good 'rut' time here because the numbers of does is so high. Hope this helps and down here, we consider a large deer to be over 180#, My freind killed a nice 8 pt several years ago that weighed 181# field dressed, Man that thing looked like a small bull. Good luck and be careful.

one more cast

Captain

So far I have seen and let go a small crotch horn, a spike horn, and a nice crotch horn ( the one in my Stealth Cam post.)I have seen the bigger crotch horn three times and last night at 5 pm I watched him come crashing out of the woods and chased a bunch of does around the field. The rut has began.

NathanY

Commander

Saw 2 yesturday, a small buck and a big doe. Let them both live. Buddies took a 7-point and the other on took a 5 point.

FLATHEAD

Captain

Passed up three smaller buck early in the archery season. Seen a real shooter 8 last night but he was out of my comfort zone for accuracy. Last night was it for archery here. Now we wait for gun season. <br /><br />Yep OMC the rut is on. The bucks here are going nuts chasing the does, so far they knocked down my stack of wood twice and knocked down one fence post. There is a one horned buck in particular that is just absolutely a Kamikaze when he chases the does. My wife and I were on the deck when he came charging through a stand of shrubs to get at a doe, Not more then ten feet from us. The wife was down right scared to death. LOL

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

Hey Flahthead, I gotta send ya' a pic herself took one morning. Two deer, a doe and a buck, doing the dirty right out in the middle of the street. She told me about this and I said "NO WAY". She pulled the picture out and said "WAY!". Don't know if I'd get away posting here on the forums, but it's the darndest thing I ever saw here in town.

Bass Man Bruce

Lieutenant

Gun season opens in 11 1/2 hours, I'm packed and ready with blind all set. It'll be 8 points or better for me tomorow then less picky by the minute. Rut is on strong, lotsa crazy bucks out there right now. See ya! Hope to post someting in the good news topic but don't hold yer breath, though I will!

dhud64

Petty Officer 1st Class

2nd year in a row, lost interest.<br />Went out to local lake this morning with cam corder and got a couple of nice bucks on film, 1 was a 9 pointer! Also several does.<br /><br />dhud64...Please remove the "For Sale" event at the bottom of your sig line. Solicitation to buy or sell on the forums is not allowed. Thanks...Mod2

KaGee

Admiral

Whitetail??<br /><br />No problem here....knowwhat imean??? ;)

fixin

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Seen two does and same 6ix pointer tonight,beautiful night I hated to leave.Some pretty good rubs,definitely a big buck out there.<br />The rut is not in full here yet ,by the way the 6ix pointer was acting,he was pretty nervous,he new something was up but didn't know what.<br />'<br />Gotta love it.

gatorboaterUF

Seaman

9 1/2 hours to go till season is open seen a 10 pointer a few times not to far from my stand hes gonna look good on my wall :)

tylerin

Commander

OH_Mallard05.jpg
<br />I think I'm up to 12 now this season.........<br />Oh! I'm sorry you guys talking about those whitetails that you shoot while their standing still ;) :D

gaugeguy

Captain

Still huntin...

Butch Ammon

Petty Officer 1st Class

During bow season, I had a giant 8 pointer dead square in my 20 yard pin on my compound bow, AND I MISSED!!!!!!!!! :( :eek: I was so freaked out, I sailed the arrow right over his back.<br /><br />I passed on a teeny tiny little yearling doe (geez, cute little thing couldn't have been more than 60-70 pounds if that). I was hoping a buck would be trailing her.<br /><br />Since these two opportunities, I have seen two bigger does each being chased by hound dogs! :mad: (yes, as bizarre as it sounds, Virginia allows deer hunting with hound dogs!)<br /><br />Butch A.

Fly Rod

Commander

:) Well after seeing 2 Does the 1st week and no bucks went home with nothing!!! After skipping a week we are back in the big woods of Maine for another week chasing the elusive white tail buck!!! Didn't see anything this Monday morning, did hear a shot not to far away!!!<br /><br />Good LUCK All!!!! ;) :cool:

gaugeguy

Captain

Anyone heard of the 35 point behemoth found dead in Texas? I heard about it briefly on the radio, but haven't found any links to the story or seen any photos yet.

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

Mother in law got hers opening day. A nice 4x4 I guess.<br />I haven't hunted for years. Used to hunt in the Black Hills of South Dakota on horseback. Nothing compares. The meat wasn't as good as the corn fed deer around here, with all of the hard grass and pine needles. I usually came home with a lot of pictures.<br />Hunting here just doesn't compare to the mountain horseback hunting.

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

Younger brothers bow kill this year ..<br /><br />I chase birds around so I won't be seeing anyaction until I fill everyones doe tags during Gun season.<br /><br />.. I'm deemed population control up at my place. <br /><br /><br />
m0bgn
<br /><br />lost 8" after the shot .. ran into a tree and snapped its G2 off.. still looks good .. young deer - thin in mass .. but good.<br /><br />anal green rough score of 112 w/deductions

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

Grrr...My gun season consisted of about three hours total spread over 4 days. so there is no gunshot deer in my freezer, only a doe by bow and an Bull elk. But It does look as though I may get some time behind the smokepole yet as well as A few more days of archery.<br /><br />Barlow, tell your brother he ought to be wearing a bigger grin in that pic, should be real proud of it by any standards but considering it was by bow you wouldnt be able to wipe the grin from my face for days if it were me.

Bass Man Bruce

Lieutenant

Barlow I hafta agree with neumanns on your bro's smile. As for moi I said I would wait for 8's or better on opening day and I almost made it till noon. Passed on 2 dozen plus (legal) does, some quite sizable. Btw they looked delicious. Took a 6 point, couldn't wait any longer I guess. Still have a doe tag and buck tag left for remainder of shotgun season and 10 days of front end loader. Gonna get warm tomorow so I guess I got some butcherin to do.