Houston's newest BS policy

Kenneth Brown

Captain
Re: Houston's newest BS policy

They picked up 92 cars on the first day of the program. 10% of the drivers were exremely angry according to AP.

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant

110 cars picked up on Monday....I bet I can change a flat in 6 minutes...if they show up while I'm finishing....heck, car is no longer disabled..

ob

Admiral

I guess next is it'll be against the law to attempt to change a flat.If 110 were towed on Monday ,I'm wondering how many successfully repaired theirs and were on their way.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Here is what the news said. When the tow truck arrives, you can refuse the tow, then the cops come. You all know this will be a low priority, so you should have plenty of time to fix the flat.<br /><br />The wrecker drivers should be required to sell gas. No need to tow a car just cause it is out of gas, and much safer to refil and let them go. Tow trucks could sell a gallon of gas for 10 bucks, that is a lot of profit. Plus cheaper than a 75 dollar tow.<br /><br />If I get a flat, I will pull over and then drive into the grass, and then onto the feeder road, then to a parking lot. Or just drive slow to the next exit. Just be careful on that flat so as to not bend the rim.<br /><br />Ken

ob

Admiral

I'm visualizing increased demand for "run flat " tires in the Houston area.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

or airborne tire-changing "SWAT" teams who dangle from helicopters with tools...sorry, guess I got carried away...

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant

what we ought to do is to pull over to the side of the road like we're broke down, talk on our cell phone, etc., wait for the wrecker to come after the 6 minutes, then when the wrecker pulls up, drive off because you're not disabled....<br /><br />to me, this is just another way for the city to collect fees!