Hot Wheels look

fixin

Senior Chief Petty Officer
ChevyBlazer23DvinciVolt.jpg

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Hot Wheels look

No Practicality............<br /><br />Might be Fine,........... In So. Cal......<br /><br />Wouldn't last a day on the roads in My Life.......

one more cast

Captain

Sure I like the way it looks but as far as if I would ever consider buying one...Never.

fixin

I guess I'm just old school.I think small wheels with big tires just looks way better.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

What Fixin said.<br /><br />That thing looks like a pedal car for wee tots.

Homerr

Commander

Yep... A So. Californai special for sure.<br /><br />Worthless IMO.<br /><br />Of course... I'm speaking from mud-slingin' truck-country though... :) <br /><br />Big engines, Big tires... And broken windshields... :eek: <br /><br /><br />H.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Wife has a Trail Blazer. But it has real rims n wheels on it.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

All the kids look at mine and say "yo, man.. Why you don't tuck some 20's on there".. I say "cause anything over 17" is $%^*'& dumb"...<br /><br />The wheels are usually very heavy... That inturn causes brake problems, both in wear of pads and rotors, PLUS the spinning mass take more time stop = longer breaking distance... Hard on wheel bearings too... <br /><br />Nope.. I'll keep my 15" lightweight centerlines, thank ya'....<br />
13_TELSTAR_hi_301x281.jpg

62_Kiwi

Lieutenant Junior Grade

<br />anything over 17" is $%^*'& dumb"...<br />
I agree.<br /><br />The stupidest thing - is when you see SUVs set up with tyres so thin on 20" rims - and you know that if it runs over one decent sized rock or pothole at speed, the wheel will be history - and replacement will cost megabux (somewhere around a grand if it's NZD). :rolleyes:

fixin

Another question,why does the same size tire but with a bigger rim size(less tire)cost more?

bubbakat

Captain

I am with snapper and fixin here and the rest to.<br />Those things cost more then the car.<br /><br />Give me a set of crome reverses and baby moons and some n50s some old rock and roll then I am ready to travel :D :D

ZmOz

Captain

Is there actually any room for air in those tires? Or is there just a sheet of rubber wraped around the wheel? :rolleyes:

Realgun

Commander

I say "cause anything over 17" is $%^*'& dumb"...
Not really<br />
618.jpg
<br /><br />They really hold the road and I get a bit more milage from them. Yes they are 20's. And I am not afraid of any pothole. Cause if you fill them with water I can ride my boat. :D

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

I'll stick with my 15's, they'll pull me up any ramp and I can even load up on sand at low tide if I'm really desperate. Only problem with tyres like this is they sound like an aircraft prop under you at anything over 25mph. :p <br /><br />
9b_1_b.JPG

demsvmejm

Master Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by snapperbait:<br /> The wheels are usually very heavy... That inturn causes brake problems, both in wear of pads and rotors, PLUS the spinning mass take more time stop = longer breaking distance... Hard on wheel bearings too... <br /><br />
Extra unsprung weight causes all sorts of handling problems.<br /><br />But I think the real issue here is the "Little Boys" as I call them, are tryin got p*##-off the masses. We as mature, responsible adults find no allure to these blings. <br />I think we have a low opinion of them due to the expense and total lack of substance. I mean they are 100% image, ego. We don't need to massage our egos. We are men, real men, and we know it. We don't need to impress our buddies with how much we spent on something as useless as fancy rims and tires. How much we spent on something useless, instead of providing for our families, our responsibilities. <br />I know we have our boats. But how many of us spend money on our boats, before we hace prvoided for our families? The juveniles I have seen with these "****ed out rides" generally put their wants before their responsibilities.<br /><br />just MHO

cmyers_uk

Nos4R2<br /><br />Landrover Discovery can do it all on road tyres, never needed anything else, Sand ,gravel slip , offroad. <br /><br />Best 4 * 4by Far ;) <br /><br />Ps Having a winch helps too