Hose connection in transom well?

Bo2255

Recruit
Hi everyone new to boating😄 I 20230407_144228.jpg20230407_144210.jpghave a few questions but I will start with this one.
I just purchased a 2010 Angler 173 and it has a hose connection in the
transom well and I don't know what its for. Attaching pics. ( I hope).
Can't seem to find an owners manual anywhere. Thanks in advance for any help.

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
Likely for raw water washdown. Look for a thru hull fitting which would route the water to the pump.

Bo2255

Recruit
I put a hose on it and turned on the water thinking thats how you fill the live well but the water came out the bottom of the boat under one of the bunks on the trailer
I said great i bought a boat with a hole in the bottom, but through internet search that how a livewell is filled, so I am thinking what Chris1956 said its for washdown fot the boat not water in but water out. Is there some sort of check valve in the bilge to stop the water from coming in when not filling the live well?
Feel so stupid here, I don't know anyone
that has a boat to ask these questions.
Still trying to find an owners manual, again thanks in advance. 😊

flashback

Captain
I believe it's simply a raw water fitting that you connect a hose to, flip a switch and a pump pulls sea water from the thru hull fitting you saw on the hull when you back flushed it..

mike_i

Ensign
I also say it's a raw water wash down. Put the boat in the water and start flipping switches if there's not one marked as wash down.

Bo2255

Recruit
Thanks for the replies will check when launched still getting everything needed for my first launch, lets hope that goes well and not a circus show of me LOL

airshot

Rear Admiral
No need to feel stupid, we all had to learn at one time..no one is born with boating knowledge!!