Honda bf225 dropping rpms at 4000

Seacurity

Recruit
Does anyone know what would cause one of my engines to pull back at 4000 rpms? She runs just fine a lower rpms but when I bring her up to 4000 she backs down and I also noticed that the engine shakes a bit. I have already checked both fuel filters (primary and secondary), all the lines for kinks and or loose fittings, switched the lines and even changed the spark plugs which did not look bad. I even removed, cleaned and swapped O2 sensors on the engines.<br /><br />The only thing that I notice to be different between the 2 engines is that my water flow gauge appears to be lower on the engine with the trouble although it seems to be pissing the same. Is there a sensor that monitors water flow and would it keep the engine from going over 4000 rpms if the flow was weaker that normal?<br /><br />Joe

sailfish12

Recruit
Re: Honda bf225 dropping rpms at 4000

I had the same problem. when i would go full throttle the engine would stall. Only when i ran it at 4000 RPMs would it run smooth.

It was the main fuel line going into the engine. it was being constricted by the housing on the engine holding the harnises and all the cables going into the engine. replaced it with a thicker hose and it worked..

dummyman

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Honda bf225 dropping rpms at 4000

Hi,
If every thing is fine check the fuel pump pressure if it is below specification you will not get full power it should be within 265 to 315 kpa
Regards