High seas

mattttt25

Commander
Re: High seas

gaugeguy, i hear ya. i would usually feel more sick from the "land sickness". that first shower on land, when i closed my eyes, i would almost fall over every time.

gaugeguy

Captain

That right there just brought back memories Matt, I had totally forgotten the first shower...

PDS

Petty Officer 1st Class

Like Gaugeguy, mine was on a LST. We were going from Norway to England in the North Atlantic and ran into a heavy storm. No one was allowed above deck. After 2 days of slamming into heavy waves, we turned around. I was a mechanic (Leatherneck) for the Amphibian Assault Vehicle that were on board. 40+ degree rolls for 2 days toke its toll on us, but we were young. After a total of 3 days we were into calm waters(I lost liberty time in England for that delay) we were allowed to go check out our Amtracks in the center of the ship. They leak a lot and when I opened up my toolbox(inside one of the vehicles) it was full of seawater. I don't know if the Captain used sea water to ballest the ship or we took on that much water. The mess hall was fun. I've never seen so many trays go skidding off of tables, then next person walking down isle slips on spilt food and hits the deck, spilling his tray so others slip on his food and the carnage continues. Great memories! Oh,and this LST is 522 feet long.

roastelk

Cadet

2-3 footers on shuswap lake in BC, may not sound like much, but i was in 12 foot aluminum boat. had water going over the sides front and back,<br /><br />a big thunderstrom blew over the moutains and cought me by surprise. had no choice but to beach and wait out the storm. was just out for days fishin, no rain gear or nothing, just a t-shert and shorts.