hi there :)

Bondo

Staff member
i've been here for a while but thank you i love this forum :)
Ayuh,..... Welcome Aboard,.....

Please don't be postin' new threads when you just want to say hello,.....
Post in the threads you've got open, 'n it'll come back to the top, anyways,.....

Sprig

Chief Petty Officer
The OP and his/her posts are strange and bizarre. Check out all 21 or so of the posts. He/has nothing to offer and offers nothing. The posts sound mechanical. I think this is either AI or a youngster playing around or actually is what is known as an internet troll. Just my 2 cents worth

JimS123

Fleet Admiral
I don't know much about AI, but is it possible that a bot somewhere could just drop in by itself? Wouldn't some person have to direct it to a forum?

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Just talked with dad about AI this week and basically yes. Tell it what to do and it goes about and learn who, what, where, etc.

I'm not going to go look but iirc there was no mention of boats until last couple of posts, just looks like a nice forum, etc. That tells me it was learning.

Other thing for me is screen name. Im on many forums over the years and usually boat, real name (ish) like me, other money wasting hobby, etc.

JimS123

Fleet Admiral
Just talked with dad about AI this week and basically yes. Tell it what to do and it goes about and learn who, what, where, etc.

I'm not going to go look but iirc there was no mention of boats until last couple of posts, just looks like a nice forum, etc. That tells me it was learning.

Other thing for me is screen name. Im on many forums over the years and usually boat, real name (ish) like me, other money wasting hobby, etc.
IMHO, this needs to be stopped. The govmnt tells us when and where to go, how to think, what we can't buy, and yet non-human entities can do as they wish.

The jobs, zuckerburgers and gates should all be ashamed.

Sprig

Chief Petty Officer

Yep, Dad nailed it. Likely AI learning as it goes. In any event the OP clearly is not a boating aficionado.

jlh3rd

Chief Petty Officer
lol...eh, well, it might be AI, but it still isnt that smart.
It said it's " been here for a while" but right under it's name is "joined Jan 28, 2024..

Sprig

Chief Petty Officer
Catsrockmylife please come back, donā€™t leave us, we love you too. Oh and by the way are you by chance related to Hal9000?