Hey, whats going on here? (Sports)

POINTER94

Vice Admiral
Thread starter
Joined
Oct 12, 2003
Messages
5,031
Having lived in Wisconsin for many years it has been at time frustrating to watch sports in this state. Enter the college sports programs. This year the Badger football team finished the year at #8 and technically in the BCS hunt but the rules that only allow two teams from any one conference puts them in a second tier bowl. (Michigan, Ohio State being rated 2 and 1 respectively. ) Fine with me. What an exciting season.

Now enter the badgers basketball team. Rated currently at #7 in the country and undefeated. Toss in Marquette #13 who is coming off victories against Texas Tech and Bobby Knight as well as Duke with Coach K in the past two nights, and also undefeated and there is something strange going on here. If you like to see hustle basketball with awesome athletes, watch a Marquette game.

Looks like an exciting season to look forward to if you are a team sports fan in Wisconsin. I don't know if I will be sleeping much this winter.
 

Pony

Rear Admiral
Joined
Jun 27, 2004
Messages
4,355
Re: Hey, whats going on here? (Sports)

The Badgers had a Great Season in football this year no doubt. Let us not forget the dual hockey championships of last year and all those frozen fours.

I too am looking foreward to the NCAA Basketball Season. I think Ryan and Crean may be the two most underrated coaches in Division I. They have been instrumental in recruiting and its really paying off now.


 
Top