Hey Stan_Deezy

stan_deezy

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Hey Stan_Deezy

Aye, a bad 'un, but sometimes these things happen I guess.

So how long you gonna be off work?

You never thought about running your own rig or is it too difficult these days with fuel, tax and other costs?
I'm just doing more studying at the moment, tachograph reading and interpretation......luverly subject........not!
Keep getting drivers saying they've stopped on the hard shoulder to take a "tacho break" because they know they can't really be moved on. They seem to believe that because they are reasonably safe in the cab at the far end of a load then everything is okay. Problem is the poor tin-top driver who absently-mindedly ploughs into the back of them....................

Wonder where our white van driver friend has gone? Maybe he failed to indicate and has pulled out in front of a 44 tonner which failed to notice the slight bump his wheels went over? 8)

RPJS

Lieutenant Commander

I'm still around Stan, Sue has a list of honey do's as long as her arm and I don't seem to have a lot of time at the moment.
Nasty one on the M6 today:%

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

stan_deezy said:
So how long you gonna be off work?

You never thought about running your own rig or is it too difficult these days with fuel, tax and other costs?
I'm just doing more studying at the moment, tachograph reading and interpretation......luverly subject........not!

Nah, it's too regulated now. One screwup and you're gone-and VOSA are too good at making up faults.
I got stopped at Lanark Cottage a few months back and the VOSA girlie plugged into my tacho.Her analyser said my limiter wasn't working-even though she had a tacho saying max speed 53mph in her hand and the tractor unit had been plated a week before...
The ministry revoked the GV9 before I even got back to the yard as the VOSA gear wasn't calibrated...

Going to get out of driving. I've just been investing in some new fabrication gear (£900 for a mig plant :eek: )and hoping to start building boat trailers. Got to sort out business plans and stuff...It'll take a while yet but there's more to life than motorways.

Been back at work 2 days now but it's still painful :(