Hey, Im famous!

LubeDude

Admiral
Well, Allmost!!<br /><br />I just won second place in a Photo contest put on by the local News Paper with this photo. $25.00 Gift certificate at the local Outdoor store. Like I need more fishing tackle!!! What do you want to bet I can find something though?<br /><br />
PDRM00442copy.jpg
<br /><br />Does this mean Im a Profesional now???

Dunaruna

Admiral
Re: Hey, Im famous!

Very classy, thats a first place pic if ever I've seen one.<br /><br />Aldo

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Nice, first rate matting job too.

LubeDude

Admiral

Has anyone ever won a second place and thought that the picture that took first wasnt as good as yours??? Honestly I thought the one that won sucked, and Im not just saying that.<br /><br />Here is the picture that won. Obviously it was a much clearer picture as I had to scan it from the news paper, the line across the middle was a fold in the paper, but lets look at the content. (What content)?<br /><br />I will admit to it being cute, and the fact that he got the bird just as it was about to land, but the rest of the picture was nothing to shout about.<br /><br />
scan0001Contest2.jpg

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

I dunno LubeDude, looks like another First Place picture to me. It's awesome. Congratulations. Still lookin at your Grand Canyon pic every day.<br /><br />Can you post a hi-res copy without the border? Look awful good on my desktop come 4th of July.<br /><br />edit: I think it must of been rigged L'Dude. Yours is sooooo much better.

NYMINUTE

Captain

Real nice work, Lubedude, a lot of talent in these posts.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Great pix, LD.<br /><br />I like yours better, but what do I know?

one more cast

Captain

I think its all about composition..what ever that means, at least thats what my art teacher used to tell me. :D Nice shot though LD. did you ever take any photo classes or are you self taught. This is something I want to get into but when I put the manual down and pick up the camera I forget everything I just read.

dolluper

Captain

In my opinion night shoots like yours are more difficult great job!!!! caught the moment perfect but the other person did too The jugdes must have been bird watchers or bird######## Keep up the great work don't give up fight

KaGee

Admiral

Originally posted by LubeDude:<br /> $25.00 Gift certificate at the local Outdoor store. Like I need more fishing tackle!!! What do you want to bet I can find something though?
Maybe more MOTOR OILS? :D :D <br /><br />Ya know, you can never have enough!

ZooMbr

Petty Officer 1st Class

Great picture LD. I'm with Boomyal would make a great desktop next July.<br /><br />Keep up the good work; I too enjoyed the Grand Canyon pics -- getting good pictures requires the eye of an artist or luck. Me thinks you have the eye!

LubeDude

Admiral

Originally posted by Boomyal:<br /> <br />Can you post a hi-res copy without the border? Look awful good on my desktop come 4th of July.<br /><br />
Look for it this evening or tommorow!

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Don't forget to declare that income on your tax return!

LubeDude

Admiral

Originally posted by One More Cast:<br /> Did you ever take any photo classes or are you self taught. This is something I want to get into but when I put the manual down and pick up the camera I forget everything I just read.
Actually, I havnt had any profesional training. They say ya either have it or ya dont. I can see photo oportunities everywhere I look an take my camera nearly everyhere I go. You do have to be in the right place at the right time alot, and good old fashioned luck plays a big part. Also, you take 100s of pictures to get a few good ones. The digital camera is great for this as you dont have to have a dark room, and buy a bunch of film. Film cameras still have there place though.