Here's why I am proud to be Canadian

brother chris

Commander
Re: Here's why I am proud to be Canadian

Hi everyone. Now that I am back from vacation, I am surprised to see this post is still on the first page. <br />Apparently I offended some people here. It was not my intention. Relax everyone. :) <br />I am not sure if all the facts are true, and I do not really care. It was all in fun. <br />Now, as far as I know, these facts are all true. :rolleyes: <br />I just think the other ones were much better :D <br /><br /><br />Saturday mail delivery in Canada was eliminated by Canada Post on February 1, 1969!<br />A group of geese on the ground is a gaggle, a group of geese in the air is a skein!<br />Eskimo ice cream is neither icy, or creamy!<br />Here is a real Canadian lobster: :) http://www.thecanadapage.org/images/Pinchy.jpg <br /># Canada's two official sports are lacrosse and hockey.<br /># Canada's national colors are red and white.<br /># Canadians consume more Kraft Dinner (aka Kraft Macaroni & Cheese) per capita than any other nationality on earth.<br /><br /><br />One in every 4 Americans has appeared on television!<br />The average American/Canadian will eat about 11.9 pounds of cereal per year!<br />In Natoma, Kansas, it's illegal to throw knives at men wearing striped suits<br />America once issued a 5-cent bill!<br />Here are some interesting numbers to look at! (*1997)<br />166,875,000,000 pieces of mail are delivered each year in the U.S!<br />1,525,000,000 miles of telephone wire a strung across the U.S!<br />123,000,000 cars are being driven down the U.S's highways!<br />85,000,000 tons of paper are used each year in the U.S!<br />56,000,000 people go to Major League baseball each year<br />Honolulu is the only place in the United States that has a royal palace!<br /><br />See what I mean...the other ones were funnier!

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

Originally posted by brother chris:<br /> <br />Honolulu is the only place in the United States that has a royal palace!<br />
True, but most every home has at least 1 Throne.

Twidget

Commander

Some of which were smuggled from Canada. :)

CntrySngr

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Originally posted by brother chris:<br /> 24. We have coloured money.
We have colored money in the USA. Green is a color! :D

Tacklewasher

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by snapperbait:<br /> And.. Canada ought to appologize to America for Brian Adams, Celine Dion, Howie Mandel, Jim Carrey, Gordon Lightfoot, Leslie Nielson, Anne Murray, Martin Short, Rich Little, Shania Twain, and the Barenakin Ladies, just to name a few....... :mad: :p
I'm surprised at this list.<br /><br />I mean, it doesn't include William Shatner, who is the first one I usually apologize for!

D

DJ

William Shatner?<br /><br />Now there's a guy that needs to lay off the barley pops and assorted distilled libations.<br /><br />He's blown up, like a baloon, in the last few years. He is, BTW, known for his taste for the "spirits".

txswinner

Banned

So do any of you know about boats? Kidding love the jokes from both sides of the border, heck I grew up next to Louisiana.

txswinner

Banned

You know what I mean the Cajuns were the only people thrown out of Canada!!

D

DJ

Cajuns.<br /><br />Ayeeeeee!<br /><br />Best move, they ever made. Their own little "paradise" in the swamps.

KRS

Banned

It's easier to hide the bodies in the swamplands.

snal

Petty Officer 2nd Class

What's that gravy and french fries thing called up there? "Putine"???....mmmmmmm!<br />The most fun I've ever had in Canada was "sidewalk surfing"...riding Harleys down the sidewalks of Toronto to avoid traffic. (needless to say I haven't fished there yet)...The "Beer Store" just kills me! Also got hooked on Ketchup potatoe chips!<br />Strange though...the border cops asked me how many guns I owned...I relpied honestly...47...then they let me through, like 46 would have been a wrong answer!

Airpacker

Seaman Apprentice

Originally posted by snapperbait:<br /> And.. Canada ought to appologize to America for Brian Adams, Celine Dion, Howie Mandel, Jim Carrey, Gordon Lightfoot, Leslie Nielson, Anne Murray, Martin Short, Rich Little, Shania Twain, and the Barenakin Ladies, just to name a few....... :mad: :p
Oh ya, well then explain Pauly Shore or Pee Wee Herman smart guy :) <br /><br />I'll agree on the Brian Adams thing, we as a nation are very sorry he was allowed to live.<br /><br />P.S., Jim Carrey, Howie Mandel, Celine Dion et al had to move to the USA to find anyone willing to pay them for their acts. Whats that tell ya?

Airpacker

Seaman Apprentice

Originally posted by CalicoKid:<br /> What do you call a good lookin' girl in Canada?<br /><br /><br />...a TOURIST!<br /><br />hee hee!
How about MIss Universe 2005 :)

Airpacker

Seaman Apprentice

Originally posted by Sea Six:<br /> Ever think about where you want to go for dinner, and decide to go out to a nice Canadian restaurant? Guess whale blubber with maple syrup wasn't a big hit around here.
Yep, just like deep fried pork fat and skin chunks never really made it here. Now thats some fine American cuisine :) Alot like McDonald gourmet burgers, anothe fine example of the USA's contribution to the world of cooking :) <br /><br />At least we have way better bacon than you guys and poutine too.

Airpacker

Seaman Apprentice

Originally posted by CntrySngr:<br />
Originally posted by brother chris:<br /> 24. We have coloured money.
We have colored money in the USA. Green is a color! :D
Ours is colour coded so even at 1am in an alcohol induced haze in a bar, you always know what denomination of bill you handed the waitress and you can count your change without needing to add numbers together :)

Airpacker

Seaman Apprentice

Originally posted by snal:<br /> What's that gravy and french fries thing called up there? "Putine"???....mmmmmmm!<br />The most fun I've ever had in Canada was "sidewalk surfing"...riding Harleys down the sidewalks of Toronto to avoid traffic. (needless to say I haven't fished there yet)...The "Beer Store" just kills me! Also got hooked on Ketchup potatoe chips!<br />Strange though...the border cops asked me how many guns I owned...I relpied honestly...47...then they let me through, like 46 would have been a wrong answer!
1) "POUTINE" French Canadian health food <br />2) Kind of like driving in LA if ya ask me.<br />3) no different than "beer distributors" in many states except that you can actually buy "beer" in the Beer Store, not just Bud Light.<br />4) Ketchup chips....those are gross dude!<br />5)If you said none, they would have given you a cavity search because they would have known you were BS'in them.<br /><br /><br />P.S., the salmon and trout fishery right off downtown Toronto's waterfront is one of the best in the world.

Airpacker

Seaman Apprentice

Originally posted by Navigator:<br /> Brother Chris,<br /><br />You forgot that Canada is the second largest Country on the planet...and the motto is: "It isn't what you do with it, its the size that counts!!!!" :D :D :D <br /><br />Nav :cool:
Actually, we're just waiting until fresh water is worth more a barrel than oil and we will rule the world :) That is until the USA descides it needs to invade us to save us from our government.

ZooMbr

Petty Officer 1st Class

Haven't visited this thread for a while; but, it just keeps growing. As an landed immigrant (USA) I get to see how patriotic honkers (term for Canadians from boyhood days) are. Always amuses me; but, I'm always asked why I'm up here when most are trying to get to the states! <br /><br />Sometime I'll post pictures. Now, I have to take my grandsons out to the ranch to shoot ground squirrels -- 16 yesterday out of 22 shots. Not bad for 8 & 10 year olds.<br /><br />Might add one of the really great things about this part of Canada is the people! Kinda like iboats!

what66

Petty Officer 1st Class

I like candain people and I thnik canada is great but some of your statement are wroung.<br />
11. In the war of 1812, STARTED by America, Canadians pushed<br />the<br />Americans back...past their 'White House'. Then we burned it...and most<br />of<br />Washington, under the command of William Lyon MaKenzie King who was<br />insane and<br />hammered all the time. We got bored because they ran away, so we came<br />home and<br />partied...Go figure..<br />(On that note, I am not trying to start something here)
First of all it was britsih solders not candian that beat us back from canda.<br />and if you recall we beat them back after that at baltmore.<br />number 2<br />
7. Basketball is Canadian
IT WAS INVENTED by a candian but he was living in the us at the time.<br /><br />and again I love the candains I do think the usa does claim to much but you have to give us some credit too.<br />by the way I want to give a thanks to the candain troops that help the usa in world war 2.<br />by the way they went there in us eguipment. :)

brother chris

Commander

Originally posted by Hang'n In:<br /> <br /><br />Might add one of the really great things about this part of Canada is the people! Kinda like iboats!
I think this is the best thing that was said that has come out of this thread.<br /><br /> :D