Here's why I am proud to be Canadian

brother chris

Commander
EAT YOUR HEART OUT WORLD.......<br /><br /> SO, WHAT DO CANADIANS HAVE TO BE PROUD OF?<br /><br /><br /> 1. Smarties<br /><br /> 2. Crispy Crunch, Coffee Crisp<br /><br /> 3. The size of our footballs fields and one less down<br /><br /> 4. Baseball is Canadian<br /><br /> 5. Lacrosse is Canadian<br /><br /> 6. Hockey is Canadian<br /><br /> 7. Basketball is Canadian<br /><br /> 8. Apple pie is Canadian<br /><br /> 9. Mr. Dress-up kicks Mr. Rogers ***<br /><br /> 10. Tim Hortons kicks Krispy Kreme's ***<br /><br /> 11. In the war of 1812, STARTED by America, Canadians pushed<br />the<br />Americans back...past their 'White House'. Then we burned it...and most<br />of<br />Washington, under the command of William Lyon MaKenzie King who was<br />insane and<br />hammered all the time. We got bored because they ran away, so we came<br />home and<br />partied...Go figure..<br />(On that note, I am not trying to start something here)<br /><br /> 12. Canada has the largest French population that never<br />surrendered<br />to Germany.<br /><br /> 13. We have the largest English population that never ever<br />surrendered or withdrew during any war to anyone. anywhere. EVER.<br /><br /> 14. Our civil war was fought in a bar and it lasted a little<br />over<br />an hour.<br /><br /> 15. The only person who was arrested in our civil war was an<br /><br />American mercenary, who slept in and missed the whole thing... but<br />showed up<br />just in time to get caught.<br /><br /> 16. We knew plaid was cool far before Seattle caught on.<br /><br /> 17. The Hudsons Bay Company once owned over 10% of the<br />earth's<br />surface and is still around as the worlds oldest company.<br /><br /> 18. The average dog sled team can kill and devour a full<br />grown<br />human in under 3 minutes.<br /><br /> 19. We still know what to do with all the parts of a<br />buffalo.<br /><br /> 20. We don't marry our kin-folk.<br /><br /> 21. We invented ski-doos, jet-skis, velcro, zippers,<br />insulin,<br />penicillin, zambonis, the telephone and short wave radios that save<br />countless<br />lives each year.<br /><br /> 22. We ALL have frozen our tongues to something metal and<br />lived to<br />tell about it.<br /><br /> 23. A Canadian invented Superman.<br /><br /> 24. We have coloured money.<br /><br /> 25. Our beer advertisments kick ***<br /><br /><br /> BUT MOST IMPORTANT!<br /><br /><br /> 24. The handles on our beer cases are big enough to fit your<br />hands<br />with mitts on. OOOoohhhhh Canada!!<br /><br /><br /> 25. And we don't bomb our allies.<br /><br /><br /> oh yeah... and our elections only take one day.<br /><br /><br /> Pass this on if you are proud to be Canadian!!!<br /><br /><br /> I AM CANADIAN!!!

RPJS

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Here's why I am proud to be Canadian

LOL @ 12 :D :D :D

Dunaruna

Admiral

You tell 'um Chris, shout it from the rafters!!!!

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

Wow! Really!? Well, you sure told me! Go dude! You should be proud!<br />Well then we should change it to... As American as an Apple dumpling? LOL :p <br />Bassy

rudeafrican

Petty Officer 1st Class

We invented ski-doos, jet-skis, velcro, zippers,<br />insulin,<br />penicillin, zambonis, the telephone and short wave radios that save<br />countless<br />lives each year.<br />
I think u are claiming a lot more than you're entiteled to. <br /><br />Telephone: Alexander G. Bell Born in Scotland and lived and worked in Washington.<br /><br />Penicillin: Alexander Fleming Born Scotland<br /><br />Velcro: George de Mestral, Swiss<br /><br />Zipper: Gideon Sundback, Swedish American

crab bait

Captain

26. the originators of the stupid accent..

LadyFish

Admiral

Those are all great LMAO! :D Especially......<br /><br />
24. The handles on our beer cases are big enough to fit your hands with mitts on. OOOoohhhhh Canada!!
:D :D :D

gaugeguy

Captain

#27 Pam Anderson and Shania Twain :cool:

dolluper

Captain

Yeah great place you can have a Lonnie and a Toonie in your pocket even after you pay your taxes Think you missed a bunch Chris but we will keep them secret you spilled enough beans don't what to ruffle to many feathers :D :D

oddjob

Commander

I think your known for smok'n do do also.<br /><br />Baseball .... pleeeeeeas.. <br /><br />Canadian Football is a derivitive of American. <br /><br />Lacroose was invented by the indians before you were a nation.<br /> Buffalo, indians again! <br />Dogs and sled? <br /> Alaskan dogs do that in under two minutes, Canadian and his dog team. <br />We don't marry our kin-folk. a little defensive are we?

ED21

Master Chief Petty Officer

They invented Molson.<br />Good enough for me, Ehh.

NathanY

Commander

Would not trade being a greedy, bull-headed, gun-toting, bible thumping, world policing, war mongering, cowboy American to be a pansy-a$$ Canadian for one minute!

Realgun

Commander

12. Canada has the largest French population that never<br />surrendered<br />to Germany.
Oh now thats really funny seeing how somebody had to make the white flags and send them over on US ships. :)

brother chris

Commander

Boy, did I ruffle some feathers here. :eek: <br />But at least no one argued about Mr.Dressup kicking Mr.Rogers *** :D <br />So before you all hate me.....I gotta go. I think I did enough damage for one day :rolleyes:

reddog349

Petty Officer 1st Class

"25. And we don't bomb our allies."<br />Youd need bombs first.

crab bait

Captain

rest assured.. MR FRED ROGERS gets his hands on some nunchucks from the neighborhood.. <br /><br />whole different story......