Help!

lamphega

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have spent the last six months getting my nineteen ready-cut Plexiglas for windows, purchased a canvas, remove Gimbel bearing and went with all new bellows, shift cables, new plugs and points, new dash wiring, etc.
I have one little problem-low on trim pump fluid. And for the life of me I can not find a way to get any in that little fill hole. Have tried multiple funnels, hoses, even syringes. It is in such a unhandy location and as I found a loose hose with a small drip I know it has got to be low. So far I have fluid all over me and my boat but almost none in my pump. You guys have any tricks for this?

ziggy

Admiral
Re: Help!

i do understand yer problem.
my cure was to use a funnel. a very small funnel. the funnel i use came from an interstate batt. store. it's supposed to be used for filling batt. cells with distilled water. i use it to fill my trim pump. yes it's slow. but it's doable.
i've not found any other funnel that works. i'd try a funnel to fill a flask w/whiskey. but i don't think that'd work either. the drain hole is too small. the batt. funnel seems to have a hole large enough to let the fluid pass.
ya still gotta fill up the funnel and then let it drain and then repeat till full. kinda slow, but effective.... i've gone from empty to full using this method...

hope that helps and good luck.

hope ya get her in the water soon and post up some nice pics of your baby....

edit
a pics worth a thousand words... my trim pump fill funnel....

015.jpg

014.jpg

013.jpg

012.jpg

the coin is a nickel for size reference.....

don't know what ya fill with. but in lieu of 20w as per spec., which is nla, i use 10w-30 motor oil...

Last edited:

lamphega

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Your the best-I will look for one of those. I was wondering if a turkey baster would work?

dbkerley

Chief Petty Officer

I used a battery syringe with a small clear vinyl tube. It is a pain.