Help! VIP specific question for you all...

VIP FORCE

Cadet
I have a 88 VIP 17' skiboat bowrider with a outboard engine. The metal loop on the front of my bow (for winching onto the trailer) has rusted and pulled through the fiberglass. I have no way of securing the boat to my trailer and now have 2 holes in my bow. My question is how do I access the backside (inside the bow) to secure a new loop with washers/nuts ect. Ive never seen this happen before and it couldnt have happened at a worse time with the 4th next weekend! Any help would be very much appreciated..

Olin83

Cadet
Re: Help! VIP specific question for you all...

Without seeing pics of your bow area it's hars to say for sure. There is probably access from under your bow seats though. If not if there is a trim switch plate up from you can open that for access. If not you can always cut an access hole through the area where a switch plate would be and use it for access then make a plate to cover it.

VIP FORCE

Cadet
Re: Help! VIP specific question for you all...

Well I completed this project today. I wouldnt wish this job on my worst enemy!!!!! I literally had to cut a hole in my boat and it was impossible to get my arm inside. The stock bow loop was made of cheap steel that actually rotted from the inside and fell out. Not the best design and for the few extra bucks a stainless one would have lasted much longer. Anyway 4 hours later the job is done and everything is sealed back up. The new stainless one wont corrode and will outlast the boat for sure. Anyway if anyone else runs into this problem I would be glad to offer my knowledge of this experience and hopefully make it a little easier for the next guy....