Help please wit my zodiac futura mk2 gt

cibro

Recruit
Hi, I am from Slovenia and please forgive me if I will make some mistakes in my english because I havent speak it for a while. So My problem is: I bought this rib and it is fabulous bit I have a little problem. during a slow one hour shipping there was no problem but when I hit the gas my friend shout: hey goddamit you have water in a boat at the back. O **** i said, we must go back quick.so we went back ( we were on the slow river) and find out that ther is about 1o liters ( 2.6 us gallons) of water under the floor.
Now a guy in my country said ma that this is normal. During slow ride od no ride at all ther is water comming under the floor and when you drive fast this water goes out. So is that ok or not? And must I have during the shipping corks in or out the back holles( in a hole is a membrane thet allowa water to go out the boat and not in)?

Thanke you for answers, reg, Gregor

deejaycee_2000

Captain
Re: Help please wit my zodiac futura mk2 gt

yeah that is ok, you need to speed up ... an inflatable is made to be driven .....

cibro

Recruit

so then this is normal. When i hit the gas to the full the water goes out.
I didn not understand what did you mean when you said:an inflatable is made to be driven ..... ?
Reg, Greg

ps thanke you for an answer

mrhelper

Cadet

You might also check that the little rubber valves are in place in the self-bailing ports (the holes in the back). They allow water out of the boat, but block it from coming in. I bought a used zodiac last summer, and had the exact same problem.

Shine a light into the holes. If you can see through them when the plugs are out, you need to order some valves. They are small and easy to install, but not cheap! Apparently they can either fail or fall out, so order a spare or two while you're at it.

Good luck, and have fun! I love my Mk2!