Help needed with crestline aluminum boat

eoffbk

Cadet
So I inherited this 60s model crestliner from my father in law who was going to restore it. I know it’s 60s because the evinrude motor still has its model and serial numbers, but unfortunately the boat doesn’t have any markings except crestliner on the back two corners. I really want to restore this boat the right way so any help will be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 12AB42B7-6B80-477B-BC98-F9E4CBD8DC9B.jpeg
    12AB42B7-6B80-477B-BC98-F9E4CBD8DC9B.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 22

roffey

Commander
I can't help much but I know these people here will want more info. like what your end goal is and what you need help with? Interior, motor ...

eoffbk

Cadet
I can't help much but I know these people here will want more info. like what your end goal is and what you need help with? Interior, motor ...
Thank you I don’t know how to edit this so I’m just trying to figure out the year model so I can try and find a picture to make seats for it and you order replacement gauges and well all the hardware for it

roffey

Commander
Ya, you need the HIN for get the year and it might be to old to have one on it. Does father in-law have a HIN or serial number for the hull?

The gauges would be what ever you put on it, same for the seats. For the most part manufactures make the hull and use third party for the rest, gauges, steering, lights ...

eoffbk

Cadet
Ya, you need the HIN for get the year and it might be to old to have one on it. Does father in-law have a HIN or serial number for the hull?

The gauges would be what ever you put on it, same for the seats. For the most part manufactures make the hull and use third party for the rest, gauges, steering, lights ...
Thanks and I’m trying to find what paper work he had for it just haven’t yet, I appreciate the reply

KJM

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Wouldn't the model/serial # of the motor tell you the year? Does that motor still run?

eoffbk

Cadet
Wouldn't the model/serial # of the motor tell you the year? Does that motor still run?
The motor says it’s a 63 but win I try to find the boat itself I can’t find anything that even looks like it so I’m trying to find someone that has seen this before and knows exactly what it is

jbcurt00

Staff member
Texas can be challenging w out accurate paperwork, so yeah, it matters.

Crestliner in pix is Pre-HIN so it might have a serial #,

eoffbk

Cadet
Texas can be challenging w out accurate paperwork, so yeah, it matters.

Crestliner in pix is Pre-HIN so it might have a serial #,
Ok but laws have nothing to do with finding parts and pictures so I can restore it to the best of my ability

jbcurt00

Staff member
Need more pix. Esp of interior, be ch seats & transom shape

jbcurt00

Staff member
Crestlinerb60010.jpg

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Seats were probably ash planks sitting on flotation boxes.

Boat looks exactly like my buds crestliner

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
Ok but laws have nothing to do with finding parts and pictures so I can restore it to the best of my ability
The guys are just trying to help. If you do a complete and beautiful restoration on the boat, but the paperwork isn't correct, then you won't be able to legally use the boat at all. And then it'll just be a yard planter.

If I recall, Texas requires a title for the boat and a separate title for the engine.

If it were me (and it was), then I wouldn't spend a penny or do any work at all on the boat until the paperwork is squared away.

Just my $0.02. Best of luck to you. :)

eoffbk

Cadet
The guys are just trying to help. If you do a complete and beautiful restoration on the boat, but the paperwork isn't correct, then you won't be able to legally use the boat at all. And then it'll just be a yard planter.

If I recall, Texas requires a title for the boat and a separate title for the engine.

If it were me (and it was), then I wouldn't spend a penny or do any work at all on the boat until the paperwork is squared away.

Just my $0.02. Best of luck to you. :)
Ahhhh ok thank you

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
agreed, if the boat is not legally in your name, this may be one of the outcomes

full